From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from TinyXml)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (November 2011)|
|Stable release||2.6.2 / May 15, 2011|
The principal impetus for TinyXML is its size, as the name suggests. It parses the XML into a DOM-like tree. It can both read and write XML files.
- TinyXML does not process DTDs, either internal or external. So XML files that rely upon DTD-defined entities will not parse correctly in TinyXML.
- Though it does handle processing instructions, it has no facilities for handling XSLT stylesheet declarations. That is, it does not apply an XSLT declared in a stylesheet processing instruction to the XML file when parsing it.
- Further, TinyXML has no facility for handling XML namespaces. Qualified element or attribute names retain their prefixes, as TinyXML makes no effort to match the prefixes with namespaces.
- In terms of encodings, it only handles files using UTF-8 or an unspecified form of ASCII similar to Latin-1.
- "TinyXml Main Page". "It is written in OS independent C++."
- Drew Sikora, John Hattan. Beginning Game Programming: A GameDev.net Collection (Course Technology Cengage Learning). ISBN 978-1-59863-805-9.
- "TinyXml Documentation". "TinyXML is released under the ZLib license"