|Full name||Thomas John Hoff|
June 9, 1973 |
|Height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
Thomas John "Tom" Hoff (born June 9, 1973) is an American volleyball player. He is a middle blocker and has been with the U.S. national team since 1996. He is a three-time Olympian in volleyball Olympics: 2000, 2004 and 2008.
Hoff was born in Chicago, Illinois, to Margaret and Richard Hoff. He has an older brother Rich and an older sister Jennifer. He is married to Sandy Mora and has five daughters.
In addition to indoor volleyball, Hoff also played on the Bud Light Pro Beach Volleyball tour.
Hoff earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Mechancial Engineering.
Hoff spent his first two years at Ohio State, where he was a two-year starter for the Buckeyes. As a sophomore in 1993, he was a First-Team All-Midwest Intercollegiate Volleyball Association (MIVA). He guided the Buckeyes to the MIVA conference title and a 28-10 overall record. His 490 kills rank third all-time in Buckeye history. Hoff was also an AVCA Second Team All American.
Long Beach State
In 1995, Hoff was an AVCA First-Team All-American as he notched 751 kills, 176 blocks and a .357 hitting percentage. He set a national record for most matches with 20 or more kills (25) and 10 or more blocks (nine).
In 1996, he repeated as a First-Team All-American as he helped the team finish 21-6 and 15-4 (second) in the MPSF and had season totals of 479 kills, 134 blocks and a .389 attack percentage. In the Long Beach State men's volleyball record books, Hoff ranked no. 5 in career kills (1,230), no. 2 in kills per game (6.54), no. 4 in hitting percentage (.369) and no. 2 in blocks per game (1.65).
- Iraklis Thessaloniki V.C. (2001–2003, 2004–2006)
- VC Lokomotiv-Belogorie (2006–2007)
- Fakel Novy Urengoy (2007–2008)
- Olympiacos S.C. (2008–2009)
- 2008 Summer Olympics, Gold medal
- 2008 FIVB World League, Gold medal
- 2007 America's Cup, Gold medal
- 2005 FIVB World Grand Champions Cup, Silver medal
- 2005 America's Cup, Gold medal
- 2009 Greek Championship - Champion, with Olympiacos S.C.
- 2009 Greek Cup - Champion, with Olympiacos S.C.
- 2005–06 CEV Champions League - Runner-up, with Iraklis Thessaloniki
- 2006 Greek Cup - Champion, with Iraklis Thessaloniki