Tony Evans (radio)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008)|
Dr. Evans serves as Senior Pastor to the over 9,500 member Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship in Dallas, Texas, which was founded in 1976 with 10 members meeting at his home. He is also founder and president of The Urban Alternative, a national organization that seeks to bring about spiritual renewal in urban America through the church. The Urban Alternative radio broadcast, "The Alternative with Dr. Tony Evans" can be heard over 500 outlets daily throughout the U.S. and in over 40 countries worldwide. The broadcast can also be viewed on several television stations. He is a speaker on the Promise Keepers' platform, as well as speaking regularly in crusades[clarification needed] and Bible conferences in the United States and abroad.
Dr. Evans' goal is to transform communities around the world by changing it from the inside out. Both the National Adopt-A-School Initiative (NCAASI) and its paired program "Miracle of the Million" are aimed at empowering families to impact churches which transform communities within cities to reach the state and revolutionize the country in order to touch the world.
Dr. Evans is married to Lois. He is the father of four: Chrystal, Priscilla, Anthony Jr., and Jonathan. He and Lois are the grandparents of ten: Kariss, Jessica, Jackson, Jesse III, Jerry Jr., Kanaan, Jude, Joel, Kelsey, and Jonathan II.
His oldest child, Chrystal Hurst, is a worship leader and writer. She recently co-authored the book, Kingdom Woman, with her father.
His daughter Priscilla Shirer is a New York Times Best-Selling Author, Christian speaker and founder of Going Beyond Ministries.
His son Anthony Evans Jr. is a Christian musical artist with multiple CDs including Home, Letting Go, and Even More. He has collaborated with Grammy Award winning singer Kirk Franklin. He was also a contestant on season two of The Voice.
Dr. Evans was the first African-American to earn a doctorate in Theology from Dallas Theological Seminary.
- 1972 B.A., Carver Bible College
- 1976 Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary
- 1982 Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary
- The Truth About Angels and Demons ISBN 978-0-8024-4381-6
- Dry Bones Dancing Multnomah Publishers, 2005. ISBN 978-1-59052-391-9
- Let It Go! Breaking Free from Fear and Anxiety
- The Grace of God
- America's Only Hope Moody Press, 1990. ISBN 978-0-8024-0741-2
- The Best is Yet to Come'
- Are Christians Destroying America?: How to Restore a Decaying Culture Chicago: Moody Press, 1996. ISBN 978-0-8024-3920-8
- God Can Not be Trusted (& Other Lies of Satan) (2007)
- Can God Be Trusted In Our Trials?
- The Battle Is the Lord’s
- Returning to Your First Love
- Totally Saved
- Dr. Evans Speaks Out On: Spiritual Warfare
- Living What You Believe
- The Fire That Ignites
- God’s Glorious Church
- The Kingdom Agenda 2013 ISBN 978-0802410610
- Theology You Can Count On
- Life Essentials
- Guiding Your Family in a Misguided World
- Victory in Spiritual Warfare, 2011 ISBN 978-0736939997
- Oneness Embraced
- A Guide to Spiritual Success - The Victorious Christian Life, 1994. ISBN 978-0-913367-73-5
- Between A Rock And A Hard Place, 2010. ISBN 978-0-8024-2326-9
- Kingdom Man: Every Man's Destiny, Every Woman's Dream, 2012. ISBN 978-1589976856
- Kingdom Woman: Embracing Your Purpose, Power, and Possibilities, 2013. ISBN 978-1589977433