Tony Evans (radio)
|Born||Anthony Tyrone Evans|
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008)|
Dr. Tony Evans, Th.D, is a Christian pastor, speaker, author, and a widely-syndicated radio and television broadcaster in the United States. He was the first African-American to earn a doctorate in Theology from Dallas Theological Seminary. He taught evangelism, homiletics and black church studies at DTS, and serves on its Board of Incorporate Members.
Dr. Evans serves as Senior Pastor to the over 9,500 member Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship in Dallas, Texas, which was founded in 1976 with 10 members meeting at his home. He is also founder and president of The Urban Alternative, a national organization that seeks to bring about spiritual renewal in urban America through the church. The Urban Alternative radio broadcast, "The Alternative with Dr. Tony Evans" can be heard over 1,000 outlets daily throughout the U.S. and in over 100 countries worldwide. The broadcast can also be viewed on several television stations. He is a speaker on the Promise Keepers' platform, as well as speaking regularly in crusades[clarification needed] and Bible conferences in the United States and abroad.
Dr. Evans' goal is to transform communities around the world by changing it from the inside out. The National Adopt-A-School Initiative (NCAASI) is aimed at empowering families to impact churches which transform communities within cities to reach the state and revolutionize the country in order to touch the world.
Dr. Evans is married to Lois. He is the father of four: Chrystal, Priscilla, Anthony Jr., and Jonathan. He and Lois are the grandparents of eleven: Kariss, Jessica, Jackson, Jesse III, Jerry Jr., Kanaan, Jude, Joel, Kelsey, Jonathan II and Kamden.
His oldest child, Chrystal Hurst, is a worship leader and writer. She recently co-authored the book, Kingdom Woman, with her father.
His daughter Priscilla Shirer is a New York Times Best-Selling Author, Christian speaker and founder of Going Beyond Ministries.
His son Anthony Evans Jr. is a Christian musical artist with multiple CDs including Home, Letting Go, and Even More. He has collaborated with Grammy Award winning singer Kirk Franklin. He was also a contestant on season two of The Voice.
- 1972 B.A., Carver Bible College
- 1976 Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary
- 1982 Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary
- The Power Of God's Names
- Praying Through the Names of God
- The Kingdom Agenda
- Kingdom Woman: Embracing Your Purpose, Power, and Possibilities
- Kingdom Man: Every Man's Destiny, Every Woman's Dream
- Destiny: Let God Use You Like He Made You
- God's Unlikely Path To Success
- Divorce and Remarriage
- Activating the Power of the Cross
- Victory in Spiritual Warfare
- Oneness Embraced-Through the Eyes of Tony Evans
- God Is Up To Something Great
- God Can Not Be Trusted (And Five Other Lies of Satan)
- Between A Rock And A Hard Place
- Tony Evans' Book of Illustrations
- Theology You Can Count On
- One Nation Under God
- One Family Under God
- Living Single
- Help and Hope for Single Parents
- A Moment For Your Soul
- Human Events Article
- "DTS Board". Dallas Theological Seminary. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- "Amazon.com". Amazon.com. Retrieved 25 January 2013.