Trolley (UTA station)
Utah Transit Authority (UTA)
TRAX light rail station
Looking east from Trolley Station
|Address||625 East 400 South
(East University Boulevard)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Utah Transit Authority (UTA):
|Connections||UTA inter-county and local bus|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Opened||15 December 2001|
Trolley is a light rail station in the Central City neighborhood of Salt Lake City, Utah, United States serviced by the Red Line of the Utah Transit Authority's (UTA) TRAX light rail system. The Red Line provides service from the University of Utah to the Daybreak Community of South Jordan.
The station is located at 625 East 400 South (East University Boulevard/SR-186), with the island platform being in the median of 400 South. The station was opened on 15 December 2001 as part of the University Line and is operated by the Utah Transit Authority. Unlike most TRAX stations, Trolley does not have a Park and Ride lot. The vicinity of the station is characterized by intensive and diverse retail development, including supermarkets and the mall in historic Trolley Square (which is one block south), though substantial office buildings and residential areas are also nearby.
All of UTA's TRAX and FrontRunner trains and stations, as well as all fixed route buses, are compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act and are therefore accessible to those with disabilities. Signage at the stations, on the passenger platforms, and on the trains clearly indicate accessibility options. In accordance with the Utah Clean Air Act and UTA ordinance, "smoking is prohibited on UTA vehicles as well as UTA bus stops, TRAX stations, and FrontRunner stations".
On weekdays the first northbound Red Line train (to the University Medical Center Station) leaves the Trolley Station at about 5:00 am and the first southbound train (to the Daybreak Parkway Station) leaves at about 5:45 am. The last northbound train leaves at 11:06 pm and the last southbound train leaves at 11:39 pm. However, the last southbound train only goes as far south as the Central Pointe Station; the last southbound train to Daybreak Parkway Station leaves at 11:09 pm.
On Saturdays the first northbound train leaves at about 6:30 am and the first southbound train leaves at about 7:15 am. The last northbound train leaves at 11:17 pm and the last southbound train leaves at 11:48 pm. However, the last southbound train only goes as far south as the Central Pointe Station; the last southbound train to the Daybreak Parkway Station leaves at 10:28 pm.
On Sundays the first northbound train leaves at about 9:30 am and the first southbound train leaves at about 10:15 am. The last northbound train leaves at 7:57 pm and the last southbound train leaves at 8:28 pm. However, the last southbound train only goes as far south as the Central Pointe Station; the last southbound train to the Daybreak Parkway Station leaves at 7:08 pm.
Red Line trains run every fifteen minutes on weekdays and every twenty minutes on weekends.
Note: Trolley is one of several TRAX stations that does not have any direct bus connections. However, the following bus routes stop in close proximity to the station (on 400 South).
- UTA Route 228 - Foothill/2700 East (Downtown Salt Lake City, including Salt Lake Central, Old GreekTown and Library stations, Salt Lake City and County Building, and 900 East & 400 South Station - University of Utah, including University South Campus Station - Sugar House - Holladay - Murray, including Murray North Station [via 400 South, Foothill Drive, and 4500 South])
- UTA Route 455 - Weber State University/Davis County/University of Utah (University of Utah, including Stadium and University South Campus stations - Downtown Salt Lake City, including Library and 900 East & 400 South stations - North Salt Lake - Bountiful, including Lakeview Hospital - Centerville - Farmington, including Farmington Station and Davis County Justice Complex - Fruit Heights, including UDOT's Park and Ride lot at 300 North & Country Way - South Weber, including Park and Ride lot at Highway 89 and South Weber Drive - Uintah - South Ogden - Ogden, including Ogden Intermodal Transit Center and Weber State University)
- "TRAX Parking and Stops". Utah Transit Authority. Retrieved 29 Mar 2013.
- Culler, Leah L. (14 Dec 2001). "All aboard (Saturday) for U. TRAX". Deseret News (Salt Lake City: Deseret Digital Media). Retrieved 29 Mar 2013.
- "Fixed Route Accessibility". Utah Transit Authority. Retrieved 13 Mar 2013.
- "Rider Rules". Utah Transit Authority. Retrieved 12 Mar 2013.
- "TRAX" (PDF). Utah Transit Authority. 8 Dec 2013. Retrieved 13 Dec 2013.