=== Heading text === Harold C. Lyon, Jr. (1935- ) is Guest Professor of Medical Education at the University of Munich, Germany (Ludwig Maximilians University) where he does research and teaches physicians to be more effective teachers. He’s an author, educator, psychologist, and outdoor writer who was the original project officer for the development of 'Italic text Sesame Street, served on the Children's Television Workshop Advisory Board, and encouraged the integration of affective with cognitive goals into each TV show to foster more indelible learning, as in his published research.  He is the author of 7 books and 150 articles on subjects including military strategy, leadership, education, multimedia, psychology, research, hunting, and fishing. He is a featured speaker about his outdoor books and articles at sport, fishing and hunting shows in New England and in Germany.He has participated in research showing that interactive multi-media for teaching medical students clinical reasoning and diagnosis results insignificant efficiency gains compared to traditional text material with the same content. 
Lyon is a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point (BS), George Washington University (MA), and the University of Massachusetts (EdD) He was a former Ranger-paratrooper Army officer, serving in the 101st Airborne Division, and as aide to the commanding general of the Second Infantry Division, sent to Oxford Mississippi in 1962 to enforce the court orders to integrate James Meredith into the University of Mississippi.  Lyon served as the first U.S. Director of Education for the Gifted & Talented in the U.S. Department of Education for 8 years, assistant to the president of Ohio University, consultant to the White House Task Force on the Gifted and Talented, and has served on the faculties of Georgetown University as Distinguished Visiting Scholar in Psychology, Antioch College as Abraham Maslow Professor, Dartmouth Medical School as C. Everett Koop Fellow, Notre Dame College as Professor of Health Sciences, and the University of Massachusetts as Horace Mann Lecturer. He received the Gold Medal in the 32nd International Film & TV Festival of New York, a CINDY Award, and the Blue Ribbon in the American Film & Video Festival for his Interactive Informed Patient Decision Making Procedure. His books, Learning to Feel – Feeling to Learn and It’s Me & I’m Here! have forewords by his mentor, the late Carl R. Rogers, and his book, Tenderness Is Strength has a foreword by the late John Denver. His book, Angling in the Smile of the Great Spirit won the New England Outdoor Writers Association "Best Book of the Year Award". He's co-author of a book entitled On Becoming an Effective Teacher – Person-centered Teaching, Psychology, Philosophy, and Dialogues with Carl R. Rogers and Harold Lyon. 
- Lyon, HC. (1971) Learning to Feel-Feeling to Learn. Columbus, OH: Charles E. Merrill
- Lyon HC Jr et al: An Interactive Computer-assisted Program to Teach Clinical Problem Solving in Diagnosing Anemia and Coronary Artery Disease. 67(12), Academic Medicine, Dec 1992.821-828
- Lyon HC Jr. et al: Correlation Between Student Use of Computer-based Instruction and High Exam Scores in Pathology, Journal of Medical Education Technologies, Vol. 6, No. 4, March 1998, pp. 20-26
- Lyon, HC. (1974) It's Me & I'm Here! New York: Delacorte
- Lyon, HC, Jr: “The federal perspective on the Gifted and Talented.” Journal for the Education of the Gifted, 1981. 4(1): pp 3-7
- Lyon, HC, Jr: “Our most neglected natural resource.” Today's Education February-March 1981. pp15-20
- Lyon Jr, Harold C, Henderson, JV Jr., J. Beck, R, Mulley, Albert G. Jr., Barry, Michael J., Fowler, Jr. Floyd J., Wennberg, Coralea N., Wennberg, John E.: A Multipurpose Interactive Videodisc with Ethical, Legal, Medical, Educational and Research Implications: The Informed Patient Decision-Making Procedure Proc Annu Symp Comput Appl Med Care. 1989 November 8 : 1043–1045. PMCID: PMC2245597
- Lyon, HC. (1971) Learning to Feel-Feeling to Learn. Columbus, OH: Charles E. Merrill.
- Lyon, HC. (1974) Its Me and I'm Here! New York: Delacorte.
- Lyon, HC. Tenderness Is Strength. New York: Harper & Row, 1977
- Lyon, HC. Angling in the Smile of the Great Spirit. Laconia, NH, 2007
- Rogers, CR, Lyon, HC, and Tausch, R (2013) On Becoming an Effective Teacher – Person-centered Dialogues with Carl R. Rogers and Harold Lyon. London: Routledge.ISBN 978-0-415-81698 4: http://www.routledge.com/9780415816984/