Vista Ridge High School
|Vista Ridge High School|
|200 South Vista Ridge Blvd.
Cedar Park, TX 78613
|Motto||"Preparing our students to be the best for the world."|
|Color(s)||Red, Black & Silver|
|Athletics conference||UIL (Conference 5A)|
Vista Ridge High School (VRHS) is a high school in Cedar Park, Texas. The school was established in 2003 to serve as the 3rd high school in the Leander Independent School District, graduating its Alpha class June 2007. The school was built due to the rapid growth in the area, and continues to grow with the recent construction of its auditorium and John Gupton Stadium. Vista Ridge is a part of the 5A UIL Conference as of the 2014-2015 school year.
The following middle schools feed into VRHS:
- Artie Henry Middle School (majority)
- Florence Stiles Middle School (majority)
- Cedar Park Middle School (minority)
- Running Brushy Middle School (minority)
- Bernice Knox Wiley Middle School (minority)
- Vista Ridge won the Sweepstakes Award at the Austin Regional Science Fair in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2014
2011-2012 school year
- Eighteen students advanced to the ExxonMobil State Science and Engineering Fair in San Antonio
2010-2011 2009-2010 2008-2009
2007-08 school year
- Twenty-five students advanced to the ExxonMobil Texas State Science and Engineering Fair in San Antonio.
- Vivian Lee '08 (individual) and Rachel Sullivan '09 and Emily Wagoner '09 (team) advanced to Intel ISEF in Atlanta, Georgia after winning Best of Fair at Regionals. Vivian won 2nd in her category while at the Intel ISEF, along with other various prizes
2006-07 school year
- Eleven students advanced to the ExxonMobil Texas State Science and Engineering Fair in San Antonio. Vivian Lee (class of 2008) won Honorable Mention in Microbiology, Nicole Noack (class of 2009) won a meteorology special award, and Erik Bilansky (class of 2007) won a special award.
- Erik Bilansky (class of 2008) advanced to the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) in Albuquerque, New Mexico after winning Best of Fair at Regionals. (May 13–19)
2005-06 school year
- Fourteen students advanced to the ExxonMobil Texas State Science and Engineering Fair in San Antonio. Patrick Lavin (class of 2007) won 1st place in his category, Vivian Lee (class of 2008) won 3rd place in Microbiology, and another Jessica Guest (class of 2008) was granted a scholarship.
2004-05 school year
- Nine students advanced to the ExxonMobil Texas State Science and Engineering Fair in San Antonio. Jessica Guest (class of 2008) received a special award.
- Megan Pendleton (class of 2007) advanced to the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in Phoenix, Arizona.
2003-04 school year (when the school only had freshmen students)
- Megan Pendleton (class of 2007) and Patrick Lavin (class of 2007) advanced to the ExxonMobil Texas State Science and Engineering Fair at Texas Tech University.
- 13 All-State Band Members
- 8 Consecutive UIL Sweepstakes Award
- 64 All-Region (Region 26) Band Members in 2008 (highest in Region)
- Consistent top ten placement at TCGC (Winterguard)
- The Starline Dance Company, as of the 2012 season, has now replaced the colorguard as the auxiliary component of the Vista Ridge Band.
- Award-winning Percussion Section
- Texas UIL State Marching Band Contest, Class 4A, tied for 6th Place in 2007, placed 3rd in 2013
- Texas UIL State Marching Band Contest, Class 5A, 21st in 2008
- 2012, 2013 Spring Seasons: All Concert Bands received a first division at the UIL Concert and Sightreading Contest.
- 2007: "Doorways," 7th at 4A State Marching Contest
- 2008: "Ray of Light" 21st at 5A State Marching Contest
- 2009: "On the Move"
- 2010: "No Strings Attached"
- 2011: "Through the Air"
- 2012: "Rhapsody" Broke Westlake record - 6th in finals; Broke BOA San Antonio record - 23rd in prelims.
- 2013: "One Thousand and One Nights...the Music of Scheherazade" 3rd at 4A State Marching Contest
- 2014 TMEA 4A Honor Mixed Choir
- 2012-2013- 3 TMEA All-State participants
2013-14 school year
2012-13 school year
2011-12 school year
- Fall play: The Tempest
- Musical: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- One-act play: Approaching Zanzibar
2010-11 school year
2009-10 school year
2008-09 school year
2007-2008 school year
- Fall play: The Mummy's Claw
- Productions 1 OAP: Much Ado About Nothing
- Musical: Charlotte's Web
- One-act play: The Miracle Worker
2006-2007 school year
- Fall play: Auntie Mame
- Senior-directed plays: Wings, Laundry & Bourbon, Plaza Suite, Barefoot in the Park, Balkan Woman, Talking With...., I Hate Mothers etc.
- Musical: Fiddler on the Roof
- One-act play: Ondine
2005-2006 school year
- Fall play: The Matchmaker
- Productions II class play: A-Haunting We Will Go
- Musical: The Wizard of Oz
- One-act play: Cry 'Havoc'
- Productions I class play: A Midsummer Night's Dream
2004-2005 school year
2003-2004 school year
Vista Ridge is home to a Navy Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps The unit has approximately 150 cadets and is still growing. Vista Ridge's NJROTC was awarded Distinguished Unit in 2012. The unit has an Air Rifle Marksmanship team, both Armed and Unarmed drill teams, a Color Guard team, Academics, PT, Orienteering and Cyber Patriot teams.
- Academic Decathlon
- Anime Club
- Art Club
- Athletic Booster Club
- CARE - Christ Among Rangers Everyday
- FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- FCCLA - Family, Career and Community Leaders of America
- FFA - Future Farmers Of America
- Film Appreciation Society
- French Club
- Gaming Club
- GAPP - German American Partnership Program
- German Club
- Guitar Club
- Invisible Children
- Key Club
- Knitting Club
- Latin Club
- Math Club
- Multimedia Club
- National Honor Society
- PALs (Peer Assistance & Leadership)
- RADD - Rangers Against Destructive Decisions /SADD
- RAP - Rangers Assisting Peers
- Spanish Club
- Speech & Debate Team
- Star Steppers
- Student Council
- Thespian Society
- Volunteer Program
- The Word (School Newspaper)
- VRHS page
- VRHS Band Booster's page
- NJROTC page
- Leander Independent School dist.
- VRHS Overview
- VRHS Volleyball In Playoffs - Corpus Christi Caller News
- Vista Ridge's Ashley Isham Wins Big at State Track Meet - Fox 7 Austin
- VRHS Track at 2008 UIL State Meet - Austin American-Statesman
- Vista Ridge Wrestlers Head to State - Fox 7 Austin
- VRHS among Central Texas Top Athletes of 2007-2008 School Year - Austin American-Statesman