Cover of the first manga volume
|Written by||Yasuhisa Kubo|
|Original run||2007 – ongoing|
|Original video animation|
|Directed by||Tsutomu Mizushima|
|Released||February 22, 2010|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Tsutomu Mizushima|
|Original run||April 8, 2011 – July 1, 2011|
|Anime television series|
|Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san Z|
|Directed by||Tsutomu Mizushima|
|Original run||March 26, 2013 – June 30, 2013|
Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san (よんでますよ、アザゼルさん。?, lit. You're Being Summoned, Azazel-san.) is a Japanese comedy manga written and illustrated by Yasuhisa Kubo. A 13-episode anime adaptation by Production I.G aired in Japan between April and July, 2011. A second season aired during April 2013.
- Azazel (アザゼル Azazeru?)
- Voiced by: Masaya Onosaka
- A dog-like demon who is the title character. He is a pervert who gets never-ending enjoyment in sexually harassing others, especially Sakuma. He is also deathly afraid of Akutabe, who tends to abuse him when he gets out of line or fails to accomplish a goal. His ability is called Lewdness, which gives him the ability to incite lust. His powers range from making people attractive, unattractive, and even cause impotence. When Akutabe ended their contract, he became contracted with Sakuma much to her chagrin.
- He represents 'Lust' of the seven deadly sins.
- Rinko Sakuma (佐隈 りん子 Sakuma Rinko?)
- Voiced by: Rina Satō
- Rinko Sakuma is the young female assistant of Akutabe. Young and naive, she is just starting to learn about the power of demons. She is bound in a contract with Azazel. She appears to be one of the more moral people in the series early on, but as she learns more about demons, she becomes considerably darker. Many of the demons note she is becoming more like Akutabe. She is also easily influenced by money. Azazel's nickname for her is Saku-chan (サクちゃん?).
- Akutabe (芥辺 Akutabe?)
- Voiced by: Daisuke Namikawa
- Akutabe is a detective that specializes in using demons. He is very knowledgeable in the occult, and uses this knowledge to overpower the demons, even enabling him to block a powered up Divulgence spell from Beelzebub. He is Sakuma's employer as well as a mentor. He will summon demons to do his bidding and will often mistreat them if they annoy him or mess up their assignments. He has shown to be cruel and rather sadistic causing even demons to be afraid of him.
- Beelzebub (ベルゼブブ Beruzebubu?)
- Voiced by: Hiroshi Kamiya
- A childhood friend of Azazel who is a part of an elite family of demons. Despite appearing to be a bird, he is actually a fly demon who eats feces much to the disgust of those around him. He also has an ability called Divulgence which gives him the power to make others reveal their hidden selves ranging from revealing the side of them they don't want people to see, to forced defecation. He can also use goat dung as a doping drug, making his attacks considerably more powerful. Azazel's nickname for him is Bēyan (べーやん?).
- He represents 'Gluttony' of the seven deadly sins.
- Salamander (サラマンダー Saramandā?)
- Voiced by: Kazuya Nakai
- Salamander is a red lizard like demon who was originally summoned by an amateur for personal, selfish reasons. Because the summoner was uneducated, Salamander dominated his spirit. Salamander has an ability called Revolution which makes people believe their own words when they say things they don't truly believe. He always carries a Katana that is strapped to his waist. Azazel's nickname for him is Manda-han (マンダはん?).
- He represents 'Greed' of the seven deadly sins.
- Undine (アンダイン Andain?)
- Voiced by: Yū Kobayashi
- Undine is a mermaid demon, with the ability to take on human form. She has fallen in love with Akutabe much to his chagrin. Her ability is Jealousy, which makes it so that whenever she is jealous of another woman for whatever reason, she is able to transform that woman with her will. When she is happy, these curses are undone.
- She represents 'Envy' of the seven deadly sins.
- Moloch (モロク Moroku?)
- Voiced by: Tesshō Genda
- A bull like demon under Akutabe's control. According to Azazel and Beelzebub, he is the most violent demon in Hell and both are evidently scared of him, especially when he is angered. Akutabe praises him as a demon on a higher league than his other demons and explained that he has the ability called Violence though what it does is unknown. He was apparently killed when Sariel took his grimoire to heaven. His nickname is Mossan (モッさん?).
- He represents 'Wrath' of the seven deadly sins.
- In Season 2, a new Moloch appears, more known as Mossan II (モッさん二世 Mossan Ni-sei?). Mossan II is the younger brother of Moloch and has a worse temper than Moloch.
- Kōtarō Dōchin (堂珍 光太郎 Dōchin Kōtarō?)
- Voiced by: Ryōko Shiraishi
- A boy who is the grandson of an acquaintance of Akutabe. His overall personality is parallel to Azazel, albeit angrier and verbally abusive. Examples of this includes sexually harassing Sakuma on their first meeting and picks a fight with Azazel. He is contracted with Gusion.
- Gusion (グシオン Gushion?)
- Voiced by: Noboru Yamaguchi
- A winged monkey like demon who was one of Solomon's 72 demons. He is contracted with Kōtarō whom the later sacrificed the memories of his grandfather to form a contract with him. His special ability is called Forgetfulness. This ability allows him to eat the memories of others, especially fond memories.
- He represents 'Sloth' of the seven deadly sins.
- Sariel (サリエル Sarieru?)
- Voiced by: Takeshi Kusao
- An angel sent to collect grimoires of demons. Due to a strict law imposed on angels, he cannot help mortals in need despite his righteous nature and can only act as an observer. Also of note is that they cannot help even themselves if a human is the one tormenting them. The only time angels are permitted to help humans is if a demon is involved, in which case they will take its grimoire back to heaven. He steals Moloch's grimoire and takes it to heaven, killing the latter in the process.
- Zeruel (ゼルエル Zerueru?)
- Voiced by: Keiji Fujiwara
- Another angel sent to collect grimoires. Like Sariel, he is a hypocrite as an angel, spending years climbing mountains and watching porn, waiting till the last minute to do his duties. He tried to steal Beelzebub's grimoire, but failed and became a fallen angel.
- Kiyoko (キヨコ?)
- Voiced by: Rie Kugimiya
- A pink dog-like demon similar in style to Azazel, she is an occasional lover of his that believes that the two of them are married due to their physical relationship.
Original video animation
|No.||Title||Original release date|
|1||"Naki-ushi Hen" (泣き牛編)||February 22, 2010|
|The demon Azazel is summoned by Rinko Sakuma as a practice for demon summoning by her employer, Demon Detective Akutabe. Refusing to go back without having a task given to him, Rinko allows Azazel to wash the windows. She later tries to summon Beelzebub, but summons Moloch instead. Moloch is at first shocked by his shrunken state, but Azazel explains that there is an Anti-Demon barrier that reduces their power dramatically and turns them into small, cute, weakened animals. When Moloch demands a tribute for being summoned, Rinko presents him with curry. Insulted by the tribute, he begins to punish Rinko by turning her into a cow. Luckily, Akutabe arrives and makes Moloch accept the tribute by having him eat it, turning Rinko back to normal. When he is shocked to find it is beef curry, he returns to Hell crying with Azazel trying to comfort him. Akutabe then scolds Rinko for her carelessness and warns her to be more careful when dealing with demons.|
|2||"Sēya Hen" (セーヤ編)||September 22, 2010|
|This takes place sometime after episode 4 of the series. Azazel is worries Rinko will become another Akutabe after he discovers she has been getting increasingly good at using magic. Later, a client asks Rinko to help her break up with her idiotic host club boyfriend, Seiya. At the club, Seiya stated when he becomes number one host, he will agree to break up with his girlfriend. Not seeing it happening, Rinko uses Azazel's ability to make him irresistible to women and become number one host. Azazel soon realizes because of the guy's stupidity, he could use him to leave the agency. The next day, Azazel tricks Seiya to steal his grimoire from the agency. With Akutabe gone on a three day case on the other side of the world, Rinko is forced to rely on Beelzebub for help. He explains that since the grimoire was stolen, she has two days to get it back or she will be cursed by the grimoire and her ties with demons will be severed. He at first is unwilling to help until Rinko points out that if their contract is terminated, he'll have to go back to working with Akutabe who treats him far worst. They find Seiya and Azazel at a club seducing women and gaining power thanks to Azazel's ability of inciting lust. Rinko tries to convince Seiya to giver her back her grimoire, even showing him Okada who was turned into an iguana for abusing the power of the grimoire. Unfortunately, Seiya is too incompetent to understand the severity of his situation. They try to use force but are captured. As Azazel and Seiya celebrate their success, the later goes to defecate, but does not have toilet paper, so he uses a page of the grimoire. For desecrating the grimoire, he is turned into a praying mantis leaving Azazel unable to use his powers. Rinko soon gets free and once again has Azazel's grimoire back. She then punishes Azazel with a curse that causes him to explode, much to the horror of Beelzebub who realizes she is slowly becoming like Akutabe.|
Anime television series
|1||"The Demon Detective, the Demon and the Part-time Worker"
"Tōjō! Akuma-tantei to Akuma to Baito" (登場!悪魔探偵と悪魔とバイト)
|April 8, 2011|
|After finding out her husband was cheating on her, a client seeks the help of demon detective Akutabe and his new assistant Rinko Sakuma to make him stop. Akutabe summons Azazel for the task, but he fails two times. To encourage him, he entices Azazel by canceling their contract if he succeeds. He finally does by making the cheater impotent from a suggestion made by Rinko. In the end, Akutabe ends their contract but forces a contract between Rinko and Azazel.|
|2||"Prince of the Demon World"
"Makai no Purinsu" (魔界のプリンス)
|April 15, 2011|
|For attendance credits at her college, Rinko agrees to find a named Toki dog for her teacher, a famous vegetarian and animal rights activist with supposedly no faults. Akutabe enlists the help of Azazel's childhood friend Beelzebub. Under Rinko's guidance, they succeed in the task and capture Toki thanks to Beelzebub forcing the dog to defecate with his special ability. Back at the office, Beelzebub is praised by Rinko causing Azazel to feel jealous. Rinko gives him a pig's foot to cheer him up but he is then attacked by Toki. Beelzebub in the mean time was prepared to use the office microwave to warm up the dog feces from earlier but is violently stopped by Akutabe. The later then concludes from looking at Toki's feces that the professor was forcing a vegetarian diet on Toki. He later publicly exposes this using Beelzebub's Divulgence ability causing the professor to go into hiding, and giving Toki to a loving family.|
|3||"Revolution of men"
"Otokotachi no Kakumei" (漢達の革命)
|April 22, 2011|
|A man named Okada seeks Akutabe's help to find an idol he has been stalking. He plans on using the power of a demon he summoned called Salamander to get her to love him. When Salamander claims Rinko believes Okada is a stalker and she denies it, he uses his ability, Revolution, to cause her to believe her own words and support the man. Azazel and Beelzebub finding Salamander's power amazing agree to assist him. When Akutabe returns to the office, he discovers what has transpired and concluded from the way things are that Salamander completely took over Okada's will due to lack of experience. Akutabe then reveals he was being paid by the same idol that Okada is stalking to arrest him. He is immediately betrayed by his demons and Rinko who is under Salamander's influence and Okada is allowed to escape. After a little research he comes up with a plan and forms a contract with Undine which is formed by Akutabe pretending her loves her.|
|April 29, 2011|
|Salamander and his followers come up with a plan by using Rinko to get information on the idol. Akutabe, aware of their plan meets with the idol privately and begins to flirt with her to make Undine jealous and activate her Jealousy ability, turning the idol into a hideous manlike person. When Okada finally meets her, he is too disgusted to approach her, and Akutabe gets ready to apprehend the demons. The three demons try to flee, but are captured rather easily. He then makes Undine happy to undo what was done as a result of her jealousy. He then cryptically tells Okada that as a result of his actions, he will soon be punished by the grimoire before leaving the stalker to his fate. At the office Rinko, now no longer influenced by Salamander, asked what will happen to Okada, but Akutabe simply warns her to be aware that she should be careful when dealing with demons. Akutabe then proceeds to violently punish Azazel and Beelzebub for their treachery along with Salamander.|
|5||"Ai Karē-haku" (哀☆カレー博)||May 6, 2011|
|Akutabe reveals to Rinko that Okada was turned into an iguana as punishment for his actions and prompts her to study the grimoire. Later, Rinko has shown promise in using the grimoire when she uses Beelzebub to stop a molester on a subway. Little does she know, the angel Sariel is tracking her down to take her grimoire. Rinko later meets with a client to take care of a case where a company's mascot has been plagiarized by another company. Tasked to find out who it is, she decides Beelzebub to expose the culprit, but it fails. She asks for Akutabe's help and he lends her Moloch. Later at a bar, her client meets with her and reprimands her for not finding the culprit yet, but is later put to shame when they find out he was the one who leaked the mascot's image in a drunken stupor. Despite this, he refuses to pay Rinko, she uses Beelzebub to cause him to want to defecate until he agrees to pay. Meanwhile, Sariel is getting close to Rinko and the demons.|
|6||"Moloch of Violence"
"Bōgyaku no Moroku" (暴虐のモロク)
|May 13, 2011|
|7||"Return of the Jealous Fish"
"Yaki-zakana, Futatabi" (妬き魚、再び)
|May 20, 2011|
|8||"Himotisu" (ヒモティス)||May 27, 2011|
|9||"Strawberry Warrior Appears, nyorin"
"Ichigo no Senshi Tōjō Nyorin www" (苺の戦士 登場ニョリンwww)
|June 3, 2011|
|10||"Strawberry Curry Meshiagare!"
"Ichigo no Karē o Meshiagare!" (イチゴのカレーを召しあがれ!)
|June 10, 2011|
"Arupinisuto Enjeru" (アルピニストエンジェル)
|June 17, 2011|
|12||"Dirty Landlord Good Landlord"
"Kitanai Ōya Yoi Ōya" (汚い大家 善い大家)
|June 24, 2011|
|13||"Bēyan" (べーやん)||July 1, 2011|
- "よんでますよ、アザゼルさん。" (in Japanese). Web Newtype. Archived from the original on May 4, 2011. Retrieved May 4, 2011.
- "よんでますよ、アザゼルさん。" (in Japanese). Web Newtype. Archived from the original on May 12, 2011. Retrieved May 12, 2011.
- "よんでますよ、アザゼルさん。" (in Japanese). Web Newtype. Archived from the original on June 10, 2011. Retrieved June 10, 2011.
- Manga Official website (Japanese)
- Anime Official website (Japanese)
- Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san (manga) at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia