Zoltán is a Hungarian masculine given name. It originates from the Old Turkish word soltan, sultan, meaning strong authority or rulership, which was borrowed from the Arabic sultan, and derived from an Arabic verb Sultah meaning authority or power. In modern times Zoltan and Sultan are used to mean king. Zoltan was one of the first kings of Hungary in the early 900s AD. Initially it was pronounced with s-, not with z-. The Hungarian male first names Solt and Zsolt have similar origin. Its female form is Zoltána. The name days for this name are 8 March and 23 June in Hungary, and 7 April in Slovakia.
- Zoltán of Hungary
- Zoltan Bathory, guitarist of heavy metal band Five Finger Death Punch
- Zoltán Lajos Bay
- Zoltán Czibor
- Zoltán Czukor
- Zoltán Gera (actor)
- Zoltán Gera (footballer) – Fulham F.C.
- Zoltán Halmay
- Zoltán Kammerer
- Zoltán Kocsis, pianist, conductor, and composer
- Zoltán Kodály
- Zoltán Korda
- Zoltán Magyar – 2-time Olympic gold medalist in pommel horse gymnast. The Magyar spindle and the Magyar travel was named after him.
- Zoltán Meskó (Nazi politician)
- Zoltan Mesko (American football)
- Zoltán Mujahid
- Zoltan Pali, American architect based in Los Angeles, California.
- Zoltan Paulinyi – Hungary-born Brazilian composer
- Zoltán Ozoray Schenker – Hungarian Olympic champion saber fencer
- Zoltán Sebescen – Hungarian-German footballer and coach
- Dr. Zoltan Somogyi – creator of the Mercury programming language
- Dr. Zoltan Takacs – herpetologist and toxinologist, National Geographic Explorer
- Zoltan Teglas – front man of the California-based band Ignite
- Zoltán Tildy – president of Hungary after World War II.
- Zoltán Tóth-Czifra - Hungarian software engineer
- Zoltan Istvan - Visionary; Philosopher; Author of bestselling novel The Transhumanist Wager
- Zoltán Varga (disambiguation)
- Zoltán Vörös
- Zoltan Mackay, a psychedelic musician from Glasgow, active since the 1980s.
- Zoltan Nagyvari - American computer scientist; Data-mined United States tax code for exempt and excluded income
- Zoltan is a village in Ghidfalău Commune, Covasna County, Romania
- Zoltán is the Hungarian name for Mihai Viteazu village, Saschiz Commune, Mureş County, Romania, formerly called Zoltan in Romanian
In popular culture
- Zoltan, Hound of Dracula (film)
- Zoltan. Character in Young Dracula (TV)
- Zoltan (hand gesture) is a hand sign used as a celebration by the Pittsburgh Pirates, originally from Dude, Where's My Car?
- Zoltan is a race of aliens in the game FTL: Faster Than Light
- Zoltan Karpathy is a character in My Fair Lady (musical)
- Zoltan is a character in The Witcher
- Zoltan is a character and card in the Online Trading Card Game Urban Rivals
- Zoltan, the name of a pet crow in Stephen King's The Gunslinger
- Zoltan, Teacher in the Disney Channel sitcom A.N.T. Farm.
- Zoltan, a fortune teller machine made by Prophetron Inc. between 1969 and the early 1970s. A similarly named machine (Zoltar) appears in the 1988 movie, Big.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|