.475 Wildey Magnum
|.475 Wildey Magnum|
.44 Auto Mag, .45 Winchester Magnum, .45 Wildey Magnum, .475 Wildey Magnum.
|Place of origin||USA|
|Parent case||.284 Winchester|
|Case type||Rebated Rim|
|Bullet diameter||.475 in (12.1 mm)|
|Neck diameter||.493 in (12.5 mm)|
|Base diameter||12.72 in (323 mm)|
|Rim diameter||12.01 in (305 mm)|
|Rim thickness||1.02 in (26 mm)|
|Case length||1.198 in (30.4 mm)|
|Overall length||1.575 in (40.0 mm)|
|Case capacity||38 gr H2O (2.5 cm3)|
|Maximum CUP||50,000 CUP|
The .475 Wildey Magnum is a semi-automatic pistol cartridge designed for big game hunting in the Wildey pistol.
The .475 Wildey Magnum was designed to be a hunting round. Cases are formed from .284 Winchester brass with the neck opened to take a .475" bullet, and the length is the same as the .45 Winchester Magnum. Velocity at 100 yards is equivalent to the muzzle velocity of the .44 Magnum.
While not being very common, the .475 Wildey Magnum is most famous for its appearance in Death Wish 3, where the Wildey (chambered for this cartridge) was a signature weapon of Paul Kersey, a character portrayed by Charles Bronson in the Death Wish (film series).
- List of handgun cartridges
- List of rifle cartridges
- Shooting sports
- Death Wish 3
- Natural Born Killers
- Hartink, A.E. (2003). The Complete Encyclopedia of Pistols and Revolvers. Edison, New Jersey: Chartwell Books, Inc. pp. 375–376. ISBN 978-0-7858-1871-7.
- "The Wildey Features:". wildeyguns.com. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "475 Wildey Magnum". reloadbench.com. Retrieved 31 October 2013.[self-published source]
- ".475 Wildey Magnum Reloading Data". loaddata.com. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- wildeyguns.com homepage of the manufacturer