.475 Wildey Magnum
|.475 Wildey Magnum|
.44 Auto Mag, .45 Winchester Magnum, .45 Wildey Magnum, .475 Wildey Magnum.
|Place of origin||USA|
|Parent case||.284 Winchester|
|Case type||Rebated Rim|
|Bullet diameter||.475 in (12.1 mm)|
|Neck diameter||.493 in (12.5 mm)|
|Base diameter||12.72 in (323 mm)|
|Rim diameter||12.01 in (305 mm)|
|Rim thickness||1.02 in (26 mm)|
|Case length||1.198 in (30.4 mm)|
|Overall length||1.575 in (40.0 mm)|
|Case capacity||38 gr H2O (2.5 cm3)|
|Maximum CUP||50000 CUP|
The .475 Wildey Magnum is a semi-automatic pistol cartridge designed for big game hunting in the Wildey pistol.
The .475 Wildey Magnum was designed to be a hunting round. Cases are formed from .284 Winchester brass with the neck opened to take a .475" bullet, and the length is the same as the .45 Winchester Magnum. Velocity at 100 yards is equivalent to the muzzle velocity of the .44 Magnum.
- List of handgun cartridges
- List of rifle cartridges
- Shooting sports
- Death Wish 3
- Natural Born Killers
- Hartink, A.E. (2003). The Complete Encyclopedia of Pistols and Revolvers. Edison, New Jersey: Chartwell Books, Inc. pp. 375–376. ISBN 978-0-7858-1871-7.
- "The Wildey Features:". wildeyguns.com. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "475 Wildey Magnum". reloadbench.com. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- ".475 Wildey Magnum Reloading Data". loaddata.com. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- wildeyguns.com homepage of the manufacturer