2007 Australian GT Championship season
|2007 Australian GT Championship season|
The 2007 Australian GT Championship was a CAMS sanctioned national motor racing championship open to closed production based sports cars as approved for FIA GT3 competition and to similar cars as approved by CAMS. The championship began on 3 February 2007 at Eastern Creek Raceway and ended on 9 December at Sandown Raceway after eight rounds held across five states. It was the eleventh Australian GT Championship.
The championship was won by Danish driver Allan Simonsen who drove a Ferrari 360 GT owned by Ted Huglin in the first four rounds and a Ferrari F430, newly imported by Mark Coffey Racing, in the last four rounds.
Teams and drivers
The following drivers competed in the 2007 Australian GT Championship.
|Rd.||Race Title||Circuit||City / State||Date||Winning driver(s)||Car||Report|
|1||Eastern Creek||Eastern Creek Raceway||Sydney, New South Wales||2 - 4 Feb||Allan Simonsen||Ferrari 360 GT|
|2||Adelaide||Adelaide Street Circuit||Adelaide, South Australia||21 - 24 Feb||Allan Simonsen||Ferrari 360 GT|
|3||Bathurst||Mount Panorama Circuit||Bathurst, New South Wales||5 - 7 Apr||Bryce Washington||Lamborghini Gallardo|
|4||Queensland Raceway||Queensland Raceway||Ipswich, Queensland||25–27 May||Bryce Washington||Lamborghini Gallardo|
|5||Phillip Island||Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit||Phillip Island, Victoria||10 - 12 Aug||John Bowe||Lamborghini Gallardo|
|6||Symmons Plains||Symmons Plains Raceway||Launceston, Tasmania||31 Aug - 2 Sep||John Bowe||Lamborghini Gallardo|
|7||Oran Park||Oran Park Raceway||Sydney, New South Wales||2 - 4 Nov||Bryce Washington||Lamborghini Gallardo|
|8||Sandown GT Classic||Sandown Raceway||Melbourne, Victoria||7 - 9 Dec||Allan Simonsen
For Rounds 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7, points were awarded on a 38-32-28-25-23-21-19-18-17-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 basis for the top 25 positions in each of the three races. Round 3 featured only two races and points were allocated on a 57-48-42-37.5-34.5-31.5-28.5-27-25.5-24-22.5-21-19.5-18-16.5-15-13.5-12-10.5-9-7.5-6-4.5-3-1.5 basis. Round 8 was a 500 kilometre endurance round and points were allocated on a 114-96-84-75-69-63-57-54-51-48-45-42-39-36-33-30-27-24-21-18-15-12-9-6-3 basis. Three bonus points were allocated for pole position at each of the eight rounds.
The total for each driver was adjusted by deducting the worst round point score of those rounds which were contested. This resulted in drivers scoring zero nett points if they only contested only one round.
- 2007 Australian GT Championship Sporting and Technical Regulations
- Mitchell Adam, The world at our feet, The Annual - Australian Motorsport, Number 3/2007, page 93
- GT's To Race For Australian Tourist Trophy Title At Sandown, archive.paddocktalk.com Retrieved on 23 November 2013
- Outright Standings 2007 from www.australiangt.com.au, (Table includes competitors who completed the championship with a nett points total of “0") Retrieved on 11 January 2008 – webpage no longer live
- Australian GT Final Points, The Annual - Australian Motorsport, Number 3/2007, pages 94 (Table shows only the 34 drivers who completed the championship with a nett points total of greater than “0”)
- "Eastern Creek International Raceway 04/02/2007 A1GP World Cup of Motorsport - Round 7". National Software. 2 February 2007. Archived from the original on 13 November 2007. Retrieved 19 December 2007.
- "Adelaide Parklands Circuit 04/03/2007 2007 Clipsal 500 Adelaide". National Software. 4 March 2007. Archived from the original on 26 December 2007. Retrieved 19 December 2007.
- "Mount Panorama 08/04/2007 WPS Bathurst International Motorsport Festival". National Software. 8 April 2007. Archived from the original on 13 November 2007. Retrieved 19 December 2007.
- "Queensland Raceway Ipswich 27/05/2007 Shannons National Motor Racing Championship - Round 3". National Software. 27 May 2007. Archived from the original on 13 November 2007. Retrieved 19 December 2007.
- "Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit 12/08/2007 Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championships 2007 - Round 6". National Software. 12 August 2007. Archived from the original on 13 November 2007. Retrieved 19 December 2007.
- "Symmons Plains International Raceway 01/09/2007 Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championships 2007 Round 7". National Software. 2 September 2007. Retrieved 19 December 2007.
- "Oran Park Raceway South And Grand Prix 03/11/2007 Shannons Nationals 2007 - Round 9". National Software. 4 November 2007. Archived from the original on 8 December 2007. Retrieved 19 December 2007.
- "Sandown International Motor Raceway 09/12/2007 Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championships 2007 - Rd 10". National Software. 9 December 2007. Archived from the original on 10 December 2007. Retrieved 19 December 2007.
- Official series website
- 2007 Racing Results Archive at www.natsoft.com.au
- Images from the Eastern Creek round at www.flickr.com