||This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)
The Mitsubishi AAM-4 (Type 99 air-to-air missile, 99式空対空誘導弾 (99 Shiki Kūtaikū Yūdōdan)) is a medium-range active radar homing air-to-air missile developed in Japan and intended to replace the semi-active radar homing AIM-7 Sparrow missile in service. It has been operational since 1999.
- Improved which aims to extend the stand-off range using the AESA seeker .
- Ship-to-air variant .Stopped planning .
- Ducted rocket flying object
- Throttleable Ducted Rocket (TDR) Test model.
- Length: 3,667 mm
- Diameter: 203 mm
- Wing span: 800 mm
- Weight: 222 kg
- Guidance: data link + active radar
- Range: 100 km (AAM-4), 120 km (AAM-4B)
- Speed: Mach 4 – 5