From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AIS, Ais, or ais may refer to:
As a word
- Ais people, a Native American tribe living on the Treasure coast of Florida, United States which had completely disappeared by the mid-18th Century.
- Ais, a Native American tribe living on the Brazos river in Texas.
As an abbreviation
- Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome, a group of disorders of sex development in humans
- Abbreviated Injury Scale
Organizations and conferences
- Accounting and Information Systems at the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Advanced Info Service, Thailand's largest GSM mobile phone operator
- Africa Internet Summit, a yearly conference organized by AfriNIC and AfNOG
- Akademio Internacia de la Sciencoj San Marino, a scientific association/university in San Marino, San Marino
- American International School (disambiguation), a name common to several schools in a variety of countries
- American Internet Services, a colocation and ISP based in San Diego, California, United States
- Armée islamique du salut (Islamic Salvation Army), the former military wing of the Islamic Salvation Front in Algeria
- Association for Information Systems, an international professional organization
- Atlanta International School, a private school located in Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Australian Information Service, a former Australian governmental organization, disbanded in 1986
- Australian Institute of Sport, an Australian educational institution headquartered in Canberra
- Australian International School (disambiguation), a name common to several schools in a variety of countries
- Aviatsionnaya Ispitatelnaya Stantsiya, a Russian naval aviation station which produced aircraft during World War I
Software and technology
- Accounting information system, a (usually computerized) system for recording, managing, and reporting accounting data
- Aeronautical Information Service, a service providing information necessary for international air navigation, e.g. Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP), NOTAM, etc.
- Alarm indication signal, a signal transmitted by a system that is part of a communications link to let the receiver know that some part of the link has failed. Some types of AIS signals are:
- Application Interface Specification, a technical specification defined by the Service Availability Forum
- Artificial immune system, a computational system inspired by the principles and processes of the vertebrate immune system's characteristics of learning and memory
- Automatic Identification System, a navigation system for locating, identifying and tracking marine vessels (ships)
- Automated information system, a system which is capable of providing information automatically, usually using computer hardware, software, firmware, or any combination of these
- Automotive Industry Standards, automotive technical regulations of India
- American Indycar Series open wheel racing
- The Apples in Stereo, an American rock band
- Arorae Island Airport, Arorae, Kiribati (IATA code)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.