From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up As or as in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
AS (or similar) may refer to:
Science and technology
- A. S. (automobile), a small French car in the 1920s
- ActionScript, a programming language originally developed by Macromedia and currently by Adobe for developing Flash and Flex applications
- as (Unix), generic name for the assembler program as used on Unix systems
- Aggregate supply, the total supply of goods, in economics
- Almost surely or a.s., in probability theory, an event with probability 1
- Associate of Science, an American Associate's degree
- Arsenic (As), the element of atomic number 33
- AS, prefix for standards developed by the Standards Australia
- Autonomous system (Internet), a collection of IP networks
- Arcsecond, 1⁄60 arcminute, a unit of angular measurement
- Attosecond or as, one trillionth (long scale) (10−18) or one quintillionth (short scale) (10−18) of a second, a unit of time
- Attosiemens or aS, one trillionth (long scale) (10−18) or one quintillionth (short scale) (10−18) of a siemens, a unit of electric conductance
- Authentication server, a server that provides authentication services to users
- AS, the United States Navy hull classification symbol for "submarine tender"
- Asparagine synthase (glutamine-hydrolysing), an enzyme
- Angelman syndrome, a neuro-genetic disorder
- Ankylosing spondylitis, a systemic arthritis of the spine and related joints
- Aortic stenosis, a valvular heart disease
- Asperger syndrome, an autism spectrum disorder
- Autism spectrum
- .as, the Internet country code top-level domain for American Samoa
- As, Belgium, a municipality in Belgium
- Ås, a municipality in Akershus county, Norway
- Ås, Sør-Trøndelag, a village in Tydal municipality in Sør-Trøndelag county, Norway
- Ås, Swedish name for Harju quarter in Helsinki, Finland
- Aš, a town in the Czech Republic
- As-e Jadid (New As), Iran
- As-e Qadim (Old As), Iran
- Æsir are called "ás", "áss", or "ǫ́ss" in Norse.
- Ossetians were called As or Asi by the Georgians and Russians in the past
Legal structures for business entities
- Aksjeselskap or A/S, a type of Norwegian stock-based company
- Aktieselskab or A/S, a type of Danish stock-based company
- Akciová společnost (a.s.), the Czech Republic equivalent of joint stock company
- Anonim Şirketi or A.Ş., a Turkish joint-stock company
- Abilene and Southern Railway
- Akademiska Sångföreningen or the Academic Male Voice Choir of Helsinki, a Finnish choir
- Alaska Airlines, IATA airline designator
- Armée secrète, French resistance organization
- Armée secrète (Belgium), Belgian resistance organization
- A.S. Roma, Italian football club
- Australian Standards
- Diario AS, a Spanish sports newspaper
- ʿAlayhi s-salām, Arabic for "Peace be upon him", commonly found in Islamic writings after the name of an archangel or prophet other than Muhammad, e.g. "Ibrahim (AS)"
- Adult Swim, an adult-oriented block of programming on Cartoon Network
- Anabolic Steroids, AS is an abbreviation often used on online bodybuilding forums
- Annunciation Style (A.S.), used to denote dates documented in British History falling before March 25 for any year before 1752, that are now considered to be in the following years with the adoption of January 1 as New Year's Day.
- Anti-submarine warfare
- As (cuneiform) sign
- Aš (cuneiform) sign, pronounced similarly
- AS Level, a qualification in the United Kingdom; half an A Level
- As (Roman coin), a coin and weight unit
- "As" (song), a song by Stevie Wonder
- Assamese language, ISO 639 language code
- NATO country code for Australia
- Almost surely (a.s.), in probability theory
- AS-level (disambiguation)
- Aas (surname)
- All pages beginning with "AS"
- All pages with titles containing "AS"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.