From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up asf in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Advanced Systems Format (formerly "Advanced Streaming Format",
.asf), a Microsoft streaming format associated with Windows Media Player.
- Advanced Synchronization Facility, AMD's proposed extension to the x86 instruction set architecture that adds hardware transactional memory support.
- as file-extension for APL data files: the standard way for APL programs to store data on disk: filename.asf
- Algebraic Specification Formalism and the corresponding file extension. Used in the ASF+SDF Meta Environment.
- Alert Standard Format, a protocol for remote management and control of systems in OS-absent environments.
- Apache Software Foundation, the umbrella non-profit organization that technically 'owns' the Apache brandname, and protects and promotes its projects.
- Alternating Sequential Filter, an image processing morphological method for smoothing objects in binary images, by using a sequence of opening and closing operations.
- Ashfield railway station (National Rail designation: ASF), a station near Glasgow in Scotland.
- Narimanovo Airport IATA code, an airport serving Astrakhan in Southern Russia
In international relations:
- The American-Scandinavian Foundation, a non-profit organization that sponsors cultural exchange between the United States and Scandinavia.
- African Standby Force, an allied military force organized by the African Union, planned for the future.
In popular culture:
- Astounding Science Fiction, later Analog Science Fiction, a magazine that prints short stories from science fiction authors.
- Alabama Shakespeare Festival, a large drama festival.
- Alien Sex Fiend, a UK rock band.
- All Shall Fall
- Anti-Scrunti Faction, a 1980s riot grrrl punk trio from Colorado
- African swine fever virus (ASFV) is the causative agent of African swine fever (ASF)
ASF can also refer to:
- Acid Survivors Foundation, a group in Bangladesh dedicated to preventing acid attacks and hardening cultural attitudes against them.
- Alaska Satellite Facility, a data center (DAAC) for NASA.
- alt.seduction.fast, a Usenet group focused on seduction techniques.
- Australian Softball Federation, the governing body for softball in Australia.
- Australian Speleological Federation, peak caving body in Australia.
- Acrylic silicone fluoropolymer, a car wax chemical
- Avocats Sans Frontières, an international non-governmental organization contributing to the creation of fair and equitable societies, in which the law and its institutions serve the most vulnerable groups and individuals.
- The Swiss Football Association, in French (Association Suisse de Football) and Italian (Associazione Svizzera di Football).
- Anti Spam Filtering, in Slovenia, a dedicated software and hardware protection layers using anti-spam techniques to fight email spam.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.