A M Jacquard Systems
A M Jacquard Systems, originally Jacquard Systems, was an American manufacturer and vendor of small office computer systems in the late 1970s and early 1980s. The systems were sold with Type-Rite, a word processing system and Data-Rite, a data management system. They also offered specialist software, Tomcat to legal firms.
The original J100 Videocomputer, a "shared logic" system was joined by the single user J500 Videocomputer.
Jacquard was acquired by AM International where it was seen to complement their range of phototypesetters. Jacquard then also became the sales and marketing arm for the parent company's Amtext system.
The corporate headquarters were at 3340 Ocean Park Boulevard, Santa Monica, California.
- "J500 Operating Instructions". A M Jacquard Systems. December 1980. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
This preliminary manual describes some basic operations for the AM Jacquard Systems 500 computer when used as an all-floppy system. These instructions apply when running Release 8.1 of the System II operating system with Release 4.0 of Type-Rite.
- WP Doubles Consultant's Productvity. Computerworld. 11 October 1982. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
Their word processors, manufactured by AM Jacquard Systems and in operation at Stanwick since 1978, have significantly reduced time required to handle ...
- "Jacquard System Aids Law Offices". Computerworld 16 (41). 6 July 1981. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
For firms using court reporters, AM Jacquard introduced the Tomcat, a computer- aided translation system. Developed by Translation Systems, Inc., Tomcat ...
- "OLD-COMPUTERS.COM museum ~ AM International Jacquard Systems J100 - J500". Retrieved 19 February 2012.
The Jacquard J100 and J500 Videocomputer line was developed at the home offices of Jacquard Systems, Inc. in Santa Monica, California. Development started in 1975 and by 1977 the first units of the J100 were installed.
- "Easy to read word processor". Accountancy 91 (1043): 32. July 1980. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
This article describes the AM text 4256 stand-alone word processor from AM Jacquard Systems Ltd [...] The system can interface by direct disk transfer with any diskette-based phototypesetter in the AM Varityper range.
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|