A Whisper in the Noise
|A Whisper in the Noise|
A Whisper in the Noise, Fléda, Brno, 2012
|Origin||Hanska, Minnesota, United States|
Exile on Mainstream
A Whisper in the Noise is a musical project of composer West Thordson. Centered in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro, the group is known for their dark sound and unique instrumentation, as well as their effective live performances. Eschewing the more traditional use of guitar or heavy keyboards that might be associated with the band's umbral sound, the instrumentation of A Whisper in the Noise has included the cello, violin, French horn, synth/electronic keyboard, bass guitar, and percussion in some variation. They have toured as a supporting act for the Scottish band Arab Strap and were attacked at knifepoint after a show in Seattle in March 2006. Less than two weeks later their tour was robbed of USD$6000 in Philadelphia. Their cover of Bob Dylan's The Times They Are a-Changin' was featured on the soundtrack for the 2006 film Lady in the Water.
- Through the Ides of March (2002)
- 2D (2004)
- As the Bluebird Sings (2006)
- Dry Land (2008)
- To Forget (2012)
- "Hear Now: A Whisper in the Noise". St. Paul Pioneer Press. August 16, 2002.
- "Band Attacked". antiMUSIC. March 30, 2006.
- Diver, Mike (March 30, 2006). "Arab Strap support act attacked in Seattle". Drowned in Sound.
- "Local Band Attacked in Seattle". St. Paul Pioneer Press. March 30, 2006.
- Colothan, Scott (April 12, 2006). "Arab Strap Robbed Of $6,000: On tour Stateside...". Gigwise.
- Diver, Mike (April 11, 2006). "Arab Strapped for cash". Drowned in Sound.
- Luce, Patrick (July 19, 2006). "Lady in the Water Soundtrack now available". Monsters and Critics.
- Schultz, Paul (August 14, 2006). "Music Review: James Newton Howard, "Lady in the Water" (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". The Trades.
- Cusack, Chris (8 October 2007). "A Whisper in the Noise - Dry Land review". The Skinny.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to A Whisper in the Noise.|