|Location||33800 King Road
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
|Broke ground||September 24, 2007|
|Opened||May 10, 2009|
|Owner||City of Abbotsford|
|Construction cost||C$66.2 million
($71.2 million in 2014 dollars)
|Project manager||MHPM Project Managers Inc.|
|Structural engineer||Cochrane Engineering|
|General contractor||PCL Constructors Westcoast Inc.|
|Abbotsford Heat (AHL) (2009–2014)
BC Angels (LFL Canada) (2012–2013)
The Abbotsford Centre is a 7,000-seat multi-purpose arena in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada. The arena was expected to cost $64.7-million. Construction began on September 24, 2007. Until the end of the 2014 AHL season, the Abbotsford Heat played there.
On September 25, 2006, Abbotsford council voted unanimously to hold a referendum asking voters to borrow $85-million to fund three community projects, including a new entertainment and sports centre. The arena was approved by Abbotsford voters on November 25, 2006 with a 54.8% majority.
The arena has a capacity of 7,000 seats for hockey with room for expansion to 8,500. There are 300 club seats, 15 boxes, 20 private suites, and 2 party suites.
- Canadian inflation numbers based on Statistics Canada. "Consumer Price Index, historical summary". CANSIM, table (for fee) 326-0021 and Catalogue nos. 62-001-X, 62-010-X and 62-557-X. And Consumer Price Index, by province (monthly) (Canada) Last modified 2013-12-20. Retrieved January 8, 2014
- City of Abbotsford, B.C. bundles projects to get them done
- PCL: Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Centre
- City of Abbotsford (March 29, 2007). Plan A Financial Summary. Retrieved on April 11, 2007.
- "Abbotsford Gets Lowdown on Entertainment and Sports Centre". Abbotsford Times. February 15, 2008.
- "The HEAT is on for 2009-10 AHL season". Fraser Valley Sports & Entertainment Ltd. May 14, 2009. Retrieved May 14, 2009.[dead link]
- City of Abbotsford (February 12, 2007). Regular Update - Plan A: Week of February 12, 2007. Retrieved on April 7, 2007.
- "Plan A". City of Abbotsford. Archived from the original on September 28, 2007. Retrieved April 7, 2007.
- City of Abbotsford (March 29, 2007). Award Construction Contract for Plan "A" Projects. Retrieved on April 11, 2007.
|This article about a Canadian ice hockey arena is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|