|This article relies on references to primary sources. (October 2013)|
|Directed by||Santosh Sivan|
|Written by||Shibu Chakravarthy|
|Editing by||A. Sreekar Prasad|
|Running time||93 minutes|
Abhayam (English: Shelter) is a 1991 Malayalam children's film written by Shibu Chakravarthy, directed by Sivan, produced by Children's Film Society of India (CFSI), and starring Madhu, Parvathy, Master Tarun Kumar, Ramachandran, Kottayam Santha, Raghavan and Baby Ambili. The film gets a dubbed release in Hindi as Main Phir Aaunga.
Eight year old Vinu is an artistically inclined boy, who is irresistibly drawn to Nature. His parents, however, try to pin him to a rigid routine. Vinu finds that he is a prisoner of time in terms of his daily chores. He finds solace in thinking about his loving grandfather and his village. One day Vinu runs away. In the course of his journey, he meets and interacts with many people and faces many unusual adventures and encounters. Vinu finally reaches his destination – his grandfather's village.
The film has won the following awards.
- 7th International Children's Film Festival, India
- Silver Elephant Award
- Special Jury Award
- 39th National Film Awards
- Film Festival Raggazzi, Bellinzona, Switzerland
- Prize "Environment and Quality of Life" signed by "Ecology Jury" composed of 14-16 children to the Director.
- 1st Uruguay Children Film Festival
- Special Mention and Award statue made of earthen and Certificate to the Director.
- "Abhayam (Main Phir Aaunga) (Shelter)". Children's Film Society, India. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
|This article about a children's film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|