|Full name||Adam Julian Coombes|
|Date of birth||19 June 1991|
|Place of birth||Carshalton, Surrey, England|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Current club||Notts County|
|2010||→ Yeovil Town (loan)||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:15, 3 September 2013(UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Adam Julian Coombes (born 19 June 1991) is an English footballer who plays for Notts County as a Striker. He was previously known as Adam Phillip, but officially changed his surname in July 2012 to adopt the use of his mother's maiden name.
Coombes was scouted by Chelsea while playing Sunday league football for a local club and being offered a chance to join the Chelsea Academy. His progress continued and he was offered a two-year scholarship from the start of the 2007-08 season.
The 2011–12 season started with good form shown and a reserve team goal scored in the opening month but then the highly unfortunate run of injuries continued. In August 2011, Coombes suffered a knee injury, being sidelined for six to nine months.
In January 2012 Coombes signed a 12-month extension to a contract that had six months to run, and returned from injury towards the end of the season to make three substitute appearances. He was released by Chelsea with 6 months still remaining on his contract in January 2013 to give him a better chance in finding a club before those released in the summer.
On the 15 November 2010, Coombes was loaned out to Football League One club Yeovil Town on a month's youth loan, and made his debut five days later, in a 2–3 away defeat against Charlton Athletic. He made three substitute appearances before returning to Chelsea.
On 1 August 2013 Coombes signed for Notts County. On 27 August 2013, he scored the equalizing goal with his first touch after coming on as a substitute against Liverpool in a 4-2 defeat at Anfield in the League Cup.
- Statistics correct as of match played 3 September 2013.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
- "Adam Phillip Becomes Adam Coombes". SB Nation. 11 July 2012. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "Injury Strikes Again For Phillip". TheChels. 22 August 2011. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "FIVE UNDER-21S RELEASED". chelseafc.com. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "Yeovil sign Chelsea striker Adam Phillip on loan deal". BBC Sport. 15 November 2010. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "Charlton 3-2 Yeovil". BBC Sport. 20 November 2010.
- "Sturridge and Henderson seal it for Rodgers' men against League One side". Daily Mail. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- "Adam Coombes statistics at soccerbase". soccerbase.com.