|Origin||Agoura Hills, California, USA|
|Genres||Alternative rock, Ambient music, Indian Fusion, World music|
Mohit Lal, Suhail Yusuf Khan
Advaita are an Indian fusion band based in New Delhi, India that was formed in 2004.
In March 2009, Advaita released their first album with EMI titled Grounded in Space. In 2011, Advaita was featured on the Indian leg of the MTV shows Coke Studio and MTV Unplugged. The band released their second album The Silent Sea in February 2012 with EMI Records. They have also performed in the hills. A festival named Kasauli Rhythm and Blues Festival,in which they performed for children suffering from various diseases from the age of 15 months till 16 years.
"Drops of Earth" is a compilation album released on March 22, 2013. The album is available for sale on iTunes.
Advaita currently has eight band members as follows:
- Abhishek Mathur - Guitars
- Aman Singh - Drums
- Anindo Bose - Keyboards
- Chayan Adhikari - Western Vocals / Acoustic Guitar
- Gaurav Chintamani - Bass
- Mohit Lal - Tabla
- Suhail Yusuf Khan - Sarangi
- Ujwal Nagar - Hindustani Vocals
Advaita won the GIMA (Global Indian Music Awards) 2012 award for best rock album for The Silent Sea. They also received a nomination under the best fusion album for The Silent Sea. Advaita were also voted the best fusion band by PALM EXPO 2011.
- "Rolling Stone India announcing Advaita's performance on Coke Studio India". Rollingstoneindia. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "MTV Unplugged India featuring Advaita". Mtv.in.com. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "Rolling Stone Magazine India announces launch of Advaita's 'The Silent Sea'". Rollingstoneindia.com. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "British Council's SoundPad webpage announcing Advaita and Peter Leckie's collaboration". Soundpad.britishcouncil.org.in. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "iTunes website link to buy album".
- "GIMA 2012 Award for Advaita". Gima.co.in. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "GIMA 2012 nominaion". Gima.co.in. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "Rolling Stone India magazine announcing PALM EXPO 2011 award". Rollingstoneindia.com. Retrieved 2012-10-13.