Caught from the promotional plug of Aksyon (July 2014)
|Created by||ABC Development Corporation|
|Directed by||Irco Cornel|
|Presented by||Primetime anchors
Lourd de Veyra
|Opening theme||"Aksyon theme" by Jimmy Antiporda (for Aksyon, Aksyon sa Tanghali, & Aksyon Tonite)
"AksyonTV theme", originally composed by Gerald Salonga (for Aksyon sa Umaga)
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||n/a (airs daily)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jackie Sierda (weeknights)|
|Running time||45-60 minutes (Primetime)
120 minutes (Morning)
30 minutes (Noontime)
30 minutes (Late-Night)
|Picture format||NTSC (480i)|
|Original run||April 5, 2010 – present|
|Preceded by||TEN: The Evening News (as Evening Newscast)
Good Morning Club (as Morning Show)
Balitaang Tapat (2010-2012; as Noontime Newscast)
Pilipinas News (as Late-night Newscast)
ABC News Alert (2006-2008; as Hourly News Bulletin)
|Related shows||Aksyon JournalisMO
Aksyon (lit. Action), is the flagship national network news program broadcast by TV5 in the Philippines. Its primetime weekday edition, which is also known as Aksyon Prime is the third of four editions anchored by Luchi Cruz-Valdez and Erwin Tulfo, with special segments hosted by MJ Marfori, Chiqui Roa-Puno and Lourd de Veyra. Aksyon Prime is broadcast weeknights at 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm. (PST).
Aksyon is recently extended into Aksyon sa Umaga-first of four editions (morning at 5:00 am), Aksyon sa Tanghali-second of four editions (Noontime at 12:15 pm) and Aksyon Tonite-last of four editions (late-night at 10:00 pm). The primetime and late-night editions of the newscast are both simulcasted on AksyonTV, on radio through 92.3 News FM in Mega Manila and its provincial Radyo5 stations nationwide, and overseas through Kapatid TV5 and AksyonTV International. The morning edition is only simulcasted on AksyonTV and overseas through Kapatid TV5 and AksyonTV International but not simulcast on Radyo5.
Aksyon sa Tanghali is only aired on TV5 and overseas through Kapatid TV5 but not simulcast on both Radyo5 and AksyonTV because of the radio program Relasyon during noontime.
The newscast is based on News5's slogan "Higit sa Balita, Impormasyon at Kaganapan, Aksyon" which literally means "Beyond the news, information, and events, Action." Aksyon premiered on April 5, 2010 at 9:00 pm with Paolo Bediones and Cheryl Cosim as its first anchors. The news program used a touch-screen television called "Aksyon Board." It is the first local newscast to report via Live-Pack in contrast to the OB Vans used by its competitors. There is also a round-up news update called Aksyon Ngayon anchored by Dindo Flora, Cristina Lazo, and former Tambayan 101.9 (now MOR 101.9) DJ Reggie Valdez.
On October 25, 2010, Erwin Tulfo of the police-report-and-public-service-segment Aksyon Metro joined the newscast and their time slot was moved from 9:30 pm to 5:45 pm. The same day, the newscast also introduced a new augmented virtuality set and OBB.
On November 8, 2010, the newscast began its simulcast on the newly launched 92.3 News FM.
On February 17, 2011, Paolo Bediones left the newscast for Aksyon JournalisMO, leaving Cosim and Tulfo as the main anchors, with Shawn Yao (showbiz and weather) and Makata Tawanan (Makata's Super Bidyo) as segment anchors. The newscast was also given new weekday graphics and new virtual background while starting its simulcast on AksyonTV on February 21, 2011.
On June 6, 2011, the newscast added a news desk while updating their graphics and title card. "Makata's Super Bidyo," a video features segment, was reformatted with its new name "Makatang Gala" (The Stray Poet), where Makata Tawanan goes on streets to bring information to its viewers.
On July 25, 2011, Lourd de Veyra joined the newscast, hosting his weather-and-trivia-segment "Weather or Not."
On February 6, 2012, Aksyon divided into two parts, Metro Aksyon focused on police reports around Metro Manila, and Rodolfo Jun Sabayton hosted "Anong Problema Mo", and the remaining 30 minutes is the national and other news.
On February 20, 2012, Aksyon modified its newsdesk and updating its graphics and title card.
On January 7, 2013, Aksyon reexpand its time again to 45 minutes, from 6:00 pm to 6:45 pm. It has a new segment called " Happy News ".
On January 26, 2013, Aksyon returned its Saturdays edition. It airs from 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm.
On June 2013, the newscast stopped the simulcast on AksyonTV to give way the primetime sports programming of AksyonTV.
On October 14, 2013, along with the launch of News5's primetime block KBO: Karunungan, Balita, Opinyon, Aksyon updated its newsdesk, graphics and title card.
On March 2014, the newcast has new two segment first is the Caught in Aksyon, its about the issues are accidents, violation, and wrongful activities caught on CCTV Cameras. Second is Makatarugan Ba?, its about the issues that one or more individuals has a violations in a law, it will explained and anchored by Atty. Mel Sta. Maria.
On July 21, 2014, "Aksyon" branding on its newscasts: beginning with Aksyon sa Umaga (5:00-7:00 am, replacing Good Morning Ser), Aksyon sa Tanghali (12:00-12:30 pm), the reformatted flagship Aksyon Prime (6:00-7:00 pm) and Aksyon Tonite (10:00-10:30 pm, replacing Pilipinas News).
On August 18, 2014, Aksyon sa Tanghali extended their timeslot from 30 minutes (12:00-12:30 pm) to 45 minutes (12:00-12:45 pm).
On November 3, 2014, Veteran war correspondent and Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism multimedia director Ed Lingao joins Aksyon Tonite, replacing Paolo Bediones, which left the newscast as effect of a video scandal while he was on GMA Network. Ed Lingao is previously with TV5 (formerly ABC-5) from 2004 - 2009 as Head of News and as Contributor on Aksyon's predecessor, TEN: The Evening News .
Aksyon's weekend edition, then called Aksyon Weekend, premiered on April 10, 2010 at 5:00 pm. Co-anchoring the weekend edition were Cherie Mercado, Jove Francisco and Martin Andanar, all final anchors of Aksyon's predecessor, TEN: The Evening News. Mercado, pregnant when the weekend edition first aired, when she got gave birth to her child, she was replaced by Amelyn Veloso, Naomi Dayrit, and then Maricel Halili, when she was the permanent replacement for Mercado. The weekend edition was moved to late nights on October 10, 2010 to make way for the pilot episodes of Willing Willie. Being absent on his last five weeks, Andanar was pulled out of the newscast to anchor the late-night newscast Aksyon JournalisMO on October 24, 2010.
On October 30, 2010, Andanar was replaced on Aksyon's weekend edition by his co-host on the weekday morning program Sapul sa Singko, Atty. Mike Templo. He joined Halili and Francisco, who remained in the weekend newscast although he was also assigned to the late night newscast. The weekend edition was split into Aksyon Sabado and Aksyon Linggo.
On August 5, 2012, Aksyon Sabado/Linggo made its final broadcast to give way to Pilipinas News weekend edition on August 11, 2012 until July 13, 2014.
On January 26, 2013, the weekend edition returned on air. But this time, it is now being anchored by Raffy Tulfo and Grace Lee. And it is being aired on Saturdays only because of the weekend edition of Pilipinas News which is aired every Saturday and Sunday around midnight. Tulfo has a new segment called "Itimbre Mo, Tol". The final episode aired on July 12, 2014, although Aksyon Alert extends to weekends.
Hourly news bulletins
Aksyon has hourly news bulletin spin-offs on television and radio. These are:
- Aksyon Breaking/Aksyon Alert, formerly known as Aksyon Ngayon, is the hourly news bulletin of TV5 and AksyonTV's airing every day with several anchors in various hours of the day: Monday to Sunday. It airs the latest news of the hour, with the day's headlines presented before the end of the bulletin.
- Aksyon Weather, the hourly weather bulletin of AksyonTV airing every day in several hours. It is named after the previous weather segment of the early evening newscast, now known as Weather or Not. It is also the name of the weather segment of the main Aksyon newscasts.
- Aksyon News Update, the radio news bulletin of Radyo5 92.3 News FM airing every 30 minutes of every day. Aside from latest news, this radio news bulletin also airs reports from Radyo5 News Team. News FM airs Aksyon News Alert interrupting an ongoing program when a developing story breaks instead of Aksyon News Update.
- Luchi Cruz-Valdez (2014–present; Reaksyon segment host)
- Erwin Tulfo (2010–present; Ora Mismo segment host)
- Lourd de Veyra (Weather or Not anchor; 2011–present)
- MJ Marfori (Celebrity Aksyon anchor; 2014–present)
- Chiqui Roa Puno (Aksyon Sports segment host; 2014–present)
Aksyon Sa Umaga
- Martin Andanar (2014–present) (2010, weekend edition); (currently as a relief anchor for Tulfo)
- Lourd de Veyra (2014–present)
- Grace Lee (2014–present) (2013-2014, Saturday edition anchor)
- Paolo Bediones (2014-present) (2010-2011,weekday primetime edition anchor); (21 July-29 August 2014, Aksyon Tonite anchor)
- Jun Sabayton (2014–present)
- Manu Sandejas (2014–present; Sports, Weather and Traffic segment reporter)
- Mon Gualvez (2014–present; Mobile 5 segment reporter)
- Patricia Mangune (2014–present; Mobile 5 segment reporter; Relief Segment Reporter for Gualvez)
Aksyon Sa Tanghali
- Raffy Tulfo (2014–present) (2013-2014, Saturday edition anchor)
- Cherie Mercado (Kwentanong segment host; 2014–present) (2010, weekend edition)
- Atty. Mel Sta.Maria (May "K" Ka segment host; 2014–present)
- Edinel Calvario (Healing Galing segment host; 2014–present)
- Marga Vargas (Weather and Showbiz segment host; 2014–present)
- Laila Chikadora (Aksyon sa Kalsada segment host; 2014-present)
- Roda Magnaye (Foods Tayo segment host; 2014-present)
- Ed Lingao (2014–present)
- Cheryl Cosim (2014–present) (2010-2014, weekday primetime edition)
- Jove Francisco (2014–present; "Aksyon Pulitika" segment host)
- Lia Cruz (2014–present; Weather, Sports, and Health segment host)
- Amelyn Veloso (relief anchor for Cosim and Mercado) (Moved to 9TV)
- Patricia Fernandez (2011-2012, relief Showbiz Aksyon anchor for Yao) (Moved to Solar News (now 9TV News))
- Paloma Esmeria (2010, Showbiz Aksyon anchor)
- Ferdinand Clemente (a.k.a. Makata Tawanan) - Makatang Gala anchor (2010-2011, moved to Balitaang Tapat)
- Mike Templo (2010-2012)
- Maricel Halili (2010-2012, relief anchor for Cosim and Mercado)
- Ben Tulfo (relief anchor for his brother Raffy)
- Roby Alampay (relief anchor for R. Tulfo)
- Anna Theresa Licaros (relief anchor for Lee)
- Michelle Mediana
- Alex Alikpala
- Chi Bocobo
- Karen Padilla-Tulfo
- Dindo Flora
- DJ Reggie Valdez
- Claudine Trillo (2011-2014, Aksyon Weather anchor) (Moved to 9TV)
- Shawn Yao (Moved to Net25)
Aksyon Breaking/Aksyon Alert edition
- Marlene Alcaide
- Fritzie Cabial
- Lia Cruz
- Naomi Dayrit
- Gary De Leon
- Gerard Dela Peña
- Benjie Dorango
- Jove Francisco
- Mon Gualvez
- Maricel Halili
- Cristina Lazo
- Carla Lim
- Maeanne Los Baños
- Twink Macaraig
- Patricia Mangune
- Roices Naguit
- Renz Ongkiko
- Michelle Orosa
- Edison Reyes
- Trish Roque
- Seph Ubalde
- Marga Vargas
- Ina Zara
Aksyon Weather edition
- Lia Cruz
- Ice Martinez
- France Noguera
- Manu Sandejas
- Seph Ubalde
- Marga Vargas
- AksyonTV - the country's first 24/7 news and sports channel in Filipino language on free television named after the title of the TV5's flagship newscast.
- Aksyon JournalisMO
- List of programs broadcast by TV5
- List of programs broadcast by AksyonTV
- "Is Mark happy as Kapuso?". Manila Standard Today. April 8, 2010. Retrieved May 4, 2010.
- "TV5 news team battles the giants". Philippine Daily Inquirer. April 9, 2010. Retrieved May 4, 2010.
- "Bagong Tahanan ng TV5 sa Mandaluyong, Silipin". News5 Everywhere. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Atty. Ruphil ug Darlanne ang mu-aksyon! PhilStar.com. Retrieved 06-26-2011.
- Program Site
- Aksyon on Facebook (under the user name news5aksyon)
- News5 AKSYON on Twitter (under the user name news5aksyon)