Logo used since October 14, 2013.
|Created by||ABC Development Corporation|
|Directed by||Irco Cornel|
|Presented by||Weeknight anchors
|Opening theme||"Aksyon theme" by Jimmy Antiporda|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog|
|No. of episodes||n/a (airs daily)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jackie Sierda (weeknights)|
|Running time||60 minutes (Weeknights)
30 minutes (Weekends)
|Picture format||NTSC (480i)|
|Original run||April 5, 2010 – present|
|Preceded by||TEN: The Evening News (as Evening Newscast)
Pilipinas News (as Weekend Newscast)
|Related shows||Aksyon JournalisMO, Pilipinas News|
|Philippine evening television newscasts|
|ANC||Top Story / Primetime on ANC|
|GMA News TV||News TV Quick Response Team|
|IBC||News Team 13|
|Light Network||News Light|
|Net 25||Mata ng Agila|
|PTV||News @ 6|
|Solar News Channel||Solar Network News|
|UNTV||Ito Ang Balita|
|Philippine Network Hourly News Bulletins|
|ABS-CBN Sports and Action||Fast Break|
|DZMM TeleRadyo||Balita Ngayon|
|GMA News TV||News TV Live and News TV Breaking News|
|Net 25||Eagle News Update|
|Solar News Channel||Solar Headlines|
|UNTV||Hataw Balita News Update|
|GMA||GMA Flash Report/Breaking News|
Aksyon (lit. Action), whose weekday edition is also known as Aksyon Prime, is the flagship news program broadcast by TV5 in the Philippines. It is anchored by Cheryl Cosim and Erwin Tulfo, with special segments hosted by Shawn Yao and Lourd de Veyra on weekdays.
About the show
The newscast is based on News5's slogan "Higit sa Balita, Impormasyon at Kaganapan, Aksyon" which literally means "Beyond the news, information, and events, Action." Aksyon premiered on April 5, 2010 at 9:00 pm with Paolo Bediones and Cheryl Cosim as its first anchors. The news program used a touch-screen television called "Aksyon Board." It is the first local newscast to report via Live-Pack in contrast to the OB Vans used by its competitors. There is also a round-up news update called Aksyon Ngayon anchored by Dindo Flora, Cristina Lazo, and former Tambayan 101.9 (now MOR 101.9) DJ Reggie Valdez.
On October 25, 2010, Erwin Tulfo of the police-report-and-public-service-segment Aksyon Metro joined the newscast and their time slot was moved from 9:30 pm to 5:45 pm. The same day, the newscast also introduced a new augmented virtuality set and OBB.
On November 8, 2010, the newscast began its simulcast on the newly launched 92.3 News FM.
On February 17, 2011, Paolo Bediones left the newscast for Aksyon JournalisMO, leaving Cosim and Tulfo as the main anchors, with Shawn Yao (showbiz and weather) and Makata Tawanan (Makata's Super Bidyo) as segment anchors. The newscast was also given new weekday graphics and new virtual background while starting its simulcast on AksyonTV on February 21, 2011.
On June 6, 2011, the newscast added a news desk while updating their graphics and title card. "Makata's Super Bidyo," a video features segment, was reformatted with its new name "Makatang Gala" (The Stray Poet), where Makata Tawanan goes on streets to bring information to its viewers.
On July 25, 2011, Lourd de Veyra joined the newscast, hosting his weather-and-trivia-segment "Weather or Not."
On February 6, 2012, Aksyon divided into two parts, Metro Aksyon focused on police reports around Metro Manila, and Rodolfo Jun Sabayton hosted "Anong Problema Mo", and the remaining 30 minutes is the national and other news.
On February 20, 2012, Aksyon modified its newsdesk and updating its graphics and title card.
On January 7, 2013, Aksyon reexpand its time again to 45 minutes, from 6:00 pm to 6:45 pm. It has a new segment called " Happy News ".
On January 26, 2013, Aksyon returned its Saturdays edition. It airs from 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm.
On June 2013, the newscast stopped the simulcast on AksyonTV to give way the primetime sports programming of AksyonTV.
On October 14, 2013, along with the launch of News5's primetime block KBO: Karunungan, Balita, Opinyon, Aksyon updated its newsdesk, graphics and title card.
On March 2014, the newcast has new two segment first is the Caught in Aksyon, its about the issues are accidents, violation, and wrongful activities caught on CCTV Cameras. Second is Makatarugan Ba?, its about the issues that one or more individuals has a violations in a law, it will explained and anchored by Atty. Mel Sta. Maria.
On July 2014, Aksyon will take reformat as it will split into new editions, namely "Aksyon sa Umaga", "Aksyon Sports", "Aksyon sa Tanghali", "Aksyon Primetime", and "Aksyon Tonite". Also Aksyon Prime's Cheryl Cosim will be replaced by News5 chief Luchi Cruz-Valdez upon reformat.
Aksyon's weekend edition, then called Aksyon Weekend, premiered on April 10, 2010 at 5:00 pm. Co-anchoring the weekend edition were Cheri Mercado, Jove Francisco and Martin Andanar, all final anchors of Aksyon's predecessor, TEN: The Evening News. Mercado, pregnant when the weekend edition first aired, when she got gave birth to her child, she was replaced by Amelyn Veloso, Naomi Dayrit, and then Maricel Halili, when she was the permanent replacement for Mercado. The weekend edition was moved to late nights on October 10, 2010 to make way for the pilot episodes of Willing Willie. Being absent on his last five weeks, Andanar was pulled out of the newscast to anchor the late-night newscast Aksyon JournalisMO on October 24, 2010.
On October 30, 2010, Andanar was replaced on Aksyon's weekend edition by his co-host on the weekday morning program Sapul sa Singko, Atty. Mike Templo. He joined Halili and Francisco, who remained in the weekend newscast although he was also assigned to the late night newscast. The weekend edition was split into Aksyon Sabado and Aksyon Linggo.
On August 5, 2012, Aksyon Sabado/Linggo made its final broadcast to give way to Pilipinas News weekend edition on August 11.
On January 26, 2013, the weekend edition returned on air. But this time, it is now being anchored by Raffy Tulfo and Grace Lee. And it is being aired on Saturdays only because of the weekend edition of Pilipinas News which is aired every Saturday and Sunday around midnight. Tulfo has a new segment called " Itembre Mo, Tol "
Aksyon has two regional versions: Aksyon Bisaya, a late afternoon regional newscast aired on TV5 Cebu. It was launched on July 18, 2011, following the station's launch in Cebu and "Aksyon Dabaw" on TV5 Davao was launched on May 5, 2014.
Hourly news bulletins
Aksyon has hourly news bulletin spin-offs on television and radio. These are:
- Aksyon Breaking, the hourly news bulletin of TV5 and AksyonTV's airing every day with several anchors in different hours.And top-of-the-hour news update. It airs the latest news on the hour, with the day's headlines presented before the end of the newscast. After the newscast, global and Asia-Pacific weather conditions are displayed.
- Aksyon Weather, the hourly weather bulletin of AksyonTV airing every day in several hours. It is named after the previous weather segment of the early evening newscast. It is also the name of the weather segment of other newscasts aired on TV5 and AksyonTV, except for CNN Konek, Aksyon, Good Morning Club and Andar ng mga Balita. Foreign exchange rates are displayed right after the closing billboard.
- Aksyon News Update, the radio news bulletin of Radyo5 92.3 News FM airing every 30 minutes of every day. Aside from latest news, this radio news bulletin also airs reports from Radyo5 News Team. News FM airs Aksyon News Alert interrupting an ongoing program when a developing story breaks instead of Aksyon News Update.
- Cheryl Cosim (2010–present)
- Erwin Tulfo (2010–present)
- Lourd de Veyra (Weather or Not anchor; 2011–present)
- MJ Marfori (Showbiz Aksyon anchor; 2014–present)
- Atty. Mel Sta.Maria (Makatarungan ba? anchor; 2014–present)
- Grace Lee (2013–present)
- Raffy Tulfo (2013–present)(currently as a relief anchor for his brother Erwin Tulfo)
- Joseph Ubalde (Aksyon Weather anchor; 2013–present)
- Martin Andanar (2010, weekend edition; currently as a relief anchor for Tulfo)
- Paolo Bediones (2010-2011, weekday edition; currently as a relief anchor for Tulfo)
- Cherie Mercado (2010, weekend edition; currently as a relief anchor for Cosim)
- Patricia Fernandez (2011-2012, relief Showbiz Aksyon anchor for Yao) (Moved to Solar News)
- Lia Cruz (2012, Showbiz Aksyon anchor; currently as a relief anchor for Garcia)
- Paloma Esmeria (2010, Showbiz Aksyon anchor)
- Ferdinand Clemente (a.k.a. Makata Tawanan) - Makatang Gala anchor (2010-2011, moved to Balitaang Tapat)
- Rodolfo "Jun" Sabayton, Jr. - Anong Problema Mo? segment host (2012)
- Mike Templo (2010-2012)
- Maricel Halili (2010-2012)
- Jove Francisco (2010-2012)
- Lou Garcia (2011-2012, Showbiz Aksyon anchor)
- Shawn Yao (2012-2014, Showbiz Aksyon anchor)
Aksyon Breaking edition
- Marlene Alcaide
- Chi Bocobo
- Fritzie Cabial
- Gary De Leon
- Gerard Dela Peña
- Jove Francisco
- Mon Gualvez
- Maricel Halili
- Cristina Lazo
- Carla Lim
- Maeanne Los Baños
- Twink Macaraig
- Patricia Mangune
- Roices Naguit
- Renz Ongkiko
- Michelle Orosa
- Trish Roque
- Seph Ubalde
- Shawn Yao
- Ina Zara
Aksyon Weather edition
- Lia Cruz
- Ice Martinez
- France Noguera
- Manu Sandejas
- Claudine Trillo
- Joseph Ubalde
- Marga Vargas
- Shawn Yao
- AksyonTV - the country's first 24/7 news and sports channel in Filipino language on free television named after the title of the TV5's flagship newscast.
- Aksyon JournalisMO
- List of programs broadcast by TV5
- List of programs broadcast by AksyonTV
- "Is Mark happy as Kapuso?". Manila Standard Today. April 8, 2010. Retrieved May 4, 2010.
- "TV5 news team battles the giants". Philippine Daily Inquirer. April 9, 2010. Retrieved May 4, 2010.
- "Bagong Tahanan ng TV5 sa Mandaluyong, Silipin". News5 Everywhere. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "TV5, mas pinatindi at pinalakas pa ang bagong July shows". TV5. June 26, 2014. Retrieved June 27, 2014.
- "Exclusive: Cheryl Cosim Out, Luchi Cruz-Valdes In As New 'Aksyon' Co-Anchor In July". Media Newser Philippines. June 16, 2014. Retrieved June 27, 2014.
- Atty. Ruphil ug Darlanne ang mu-aksyon! PhilStar.com. Retrieved 06-26-2011.
- Program Site
- Aksyon on Facebook (under the user name news5aksyon)
- News5 AKSYON on Twitter (under the user name news5aksyon)