Al Koran(1914–1972) was a British mentalist, author and inventor. He invented the Ring Flite and popularised a version of the Bagshawe deck which became known as the Koran deck. Al Koran was the stage name of Edward Doe, who was a former hairdresser that turned professional magician/mentalist. Al appeared many times on The Ed Sullivan Show. He emigrated to the United States in January 1969, first to Cleveland, Ohio and then later settling in Chicago, Illinois. After Al's passing from cancer his ashes were handled by his good friend and fellow magician Billy McComb.
Al Koran is considered by most mentalists to be one of the best to have ever performed, along with the great amount of material that he contributed to the field.
- Mastered amazement: Mainly for the manipulator (1947)
- How to Bring Out the Magic in Your Mind (1964 in UK, 1965 in US and Canada)
- Al Koran's Professional Presentations (1967)
- The Magic of the Mind in Action (1972)
- "Al Koran information". geniimagazine.com. June 6, 2008. Archived from the original on 12 February 2010. Retrieved January 24, 2010.
- "Al Koran in performance CD". elmwoodmagic.com. October 23, 2009. Retrieved January 24, 2010.
- "Al Koran's Legacy". themagicwarehouse.com. Archived from the original on 18 January 2010. Retrieved January 24, 2010.