|Alan Merril Gottlieb|
May 2, 1947 |
Nuclear Engineering, University of Tennessee
Institute on Comparative Political & Economic Systems, Georgetown University
He was born a first child to Seymour and Sherry Gottlieb on May 2, 1947 in Los Angeles. Gottlieb graduated from the University of Tennessee in the summer of 1971, after a five year course, with a degree in nuclear engineering. He has also attended the Institute on Comparative Political & Economic Systems at Georgetown University.(Misdirection, Clarification needed: this is an internship program that used the facilities at Georgetown University, and is not otherwise connected with the University.) "I am," he [Gottlieb] says, "the premiere anti-communist, free-enterprise, laissez-faire capitalist."
Gottlieb is a staunch defender of gun rights -- most of his 19 books expound upon the subject. Gottlieb is a businessman who owns with his wife, several businesses that target market to ultra-conservative groups.
Gottlieb is an accomplished writer, having published over 19 books. He is recognized as a member of the working press, maintaining active membership in the Outdoor Writers Association of America. His articles have appeared in the Seattle Times, Manchester Union Leader, San Francisco Examiner, Washington Post, Guns Magazine, Guns & Ammo Magazine, Gun Week, Orlando Sentinel, Chicago Tribune, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The Cincinnati Enquirer, Ft. Worth Star-Telegram and USA Today
Gottlieb is the Chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Founder of the Second Amendment Foundation, a Board Member of the American Conservative Union, President of the Center for the Defense of Free Enterprise, President of the American Political Action Committee, President of NoInternetTax.org, and President of KeepAndBearArms.com.
Gottlieb has appeared on over 3,800 TV and radio talk shows, including the MacNeil-Lehrer News Hour, ABC’s 20/20, The Michael Reagan Show, The Ken Hamblin Show, PBS All Things Considered, CNN's Crossfire, Fox TV’s Crier Report, NBC Today Show, The O'Reilly Factor, ESPN, Larry King Live, CNN Special Reports, CNN All Politics, MSNBC, CNN Headline News, Fox News Channel, Hardball with Chris Matthews, Lou Dobbs Tonight, and Good Morning America.
Gottlieb owns Merril Press, an "independent publisher of unusual nonfiction books by authors who know what they're writing about." He also president of four radio stations, including KITZ in Port Orchard, Washington, KGTK in Olympia, Washington, KBNP in Portland, Oregon, and KSBN in Spokane, Washington.
Gottlieb owns Merril Mail Marketing, Inc., a for-profit corporation, that is his direct response mail fund-raising business. He also controls The Service Bureau, Inc, a non-profit cooperative corporation that provides its members with services such as telephone fund-raising and accounting. The member organizations that can receive assets upon dissolution of the cooperative are the Center for the Defense of Free Enterprise; Second Amendment Foundation; Right to Keep and Bear Arms Political Victory Fund; Merril Associates; and Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Books by Alan M. Gottlieb
- Gun Rights Affirmed: The Emerson Case
- Gun Rights Fact Book
- Politically Correct Guns: Please Don't Rob or Kill Me
- Celebrity Address Book
- THE GUN GRABBERS: Who are they, how the operate, where they get their money
- Things You Can Do to Defend Your Gun Rights
- She Took A Village
- Rights of Gun Owners: A Second Amendment
- The Wise Use Agenda
- Gun owner's political action manual
- Black & Blue: How Obama and the Democrats are Beating Up the Constitution
Books Co-Authored by Alan M. Gottlieb
- George W. Bush Speaks to the Nation -- George W. Bush and Alan M. Gottlieb
- Trashing the Economy: How Runaway Environmentalism Is Wrecking America -- Ron Arnold and Alan Gottlieb
- Guns for Women -- George Flynn and Alan Gottlieb
- More Things You Can Do to Defend Your Gun Rights -- by Alan Gottlieb and David Kopel
- Double Trouble: Daschle and Gephardt -- Capital Hill Bullies by Alan M. Gottlieb and Dave Workman
- Politically Correct Environment by Alan M. Gottlieb, Ron Arnold, and Chuck Asay
- America Fights Back: Armed Self-defense in a Violent Age by Alan M. Gottlieb and Dave Workman 
- These Dogs Don't Hunt: The Democrats' War on Guns by Alan M. Gottlieb and Dave Workman 
- Assault on Weapons: The Campaign to Eliminate Your Guns by Alan M. Gottlieb and Dave Workman (2009)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alan Gottlieb.|