Albert Riera (footballer, born 1983)
|Full name||Albert Riera Vidal|
|Date of birth||28 December 1983|
|Place of birth||Barcelona, Spain|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 November 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Riera debuted with Auckland City on 21 February 2011, coming on as a substitute in the 73rd minute of a match against AS Magenta in the 2010–11 OFC Champions League. Riera and Auckland City went on to win the Champions League, with Riera coming on as a substitute in two games (against Magenta and against Waitakere United)and starting in two (against Tefana and against Amicale). In the 2010–11 New Zealand Football Championship Riera played in a total of five games, as well as the four games in the OFC Champions League.
In the 2011–12 season Riera played in 24 matches with Auckland City. In New Zealand, Riera played in 14 matches in the New Zealand Football Championship, in which Auckland City won the premiership, and in the ASB Charity Cup match against Waitakere United. Riera also played in all 8 matches of the OFC Champions League, in which he won the Golden Ball award for best player of the tournament, and played together with Auckland City in the FIFA Club World Cup, but were eliminated from the cup in the first round, after losing to Kashiwa Reysol.
In the 2012–13 season Riera played in 26 matches with Auckland City. In New Zealand, Riera played in 16 matches in the New Zealand Football Championship, in which Auckland City took 2nd place, and in the ASB Charity Cup match against Waitakere United. Riera scored his first goal in the opening round of the domestic league against Canterbury United. Riera also played in 8 matches of the OFC Champions League, helping Auckland City win their fifth title of the competition, and their third consecutive title. Once again Riera played together with Auckland City in the FIFA Club World Cup, but were eliminated from the cup in the first round, after losing to Sanfrecce Hiroshima.
Riera was signed by Wellington Phoenix of the A-League on 7 October 2013, after a pre-season friendly match between Phoenix and Auckland City. He debuted for Wellington Phoenix in the opening match of the 2013–14 season against Brisbane Roar, coming on as a substitute in the 55th minute. Halfway through the season, Riera signed a year-long extension to his contract with Wellington Phoenix. Riera was named the Phoenix's player of the year for the 2013–14 season.
- New Zealand Football Championship Premiers: 2011–12
- ASB Charity Cup: 2011
- OFC Champions League: 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13
- OFC Golden Ball: 2011–12
- AS Magenta vs Auckland City FC – Match Summary
- Auckland City FC vs Waitakere United – Match Summary
- Auckland City FC vs AS Tefana – Match Summary
- Auckand City FC vs Amicale FC – Match Summary
- "Auckland book FIFA Club World Cup spot". Oceania Football Confederation. 13 May 2012.
- "Kashiwa Reysol 2–0 Auckland City". Fox Sports. 8 December 2011.
- Pearce, Bob (3 November 2012). "Auckland sweep aside stuttering Dragons". ASB Premiership.
- Ruane, Jeremy; Lee, Jess (22 May 2013). "City win cup trip". Stuff.co.nz.
- "FIFA Club World Cup: Sanfrecce Hiroshima 1 Auckland City 0". Football Federation Australia. 7 December 2012.
- "Phoenix Sign Spanish Midfielder". Football Federation Australia. 7 October 2013.
- Richardson, Daniel (13 October 2013). "Roar stun Phoenix with late winner". The New Zealand Herald.
- Strachan, Iain (15 January 2014). "Phoenix re-sign Riera, Boxall". Football Federation Australia.
- Worthington, Sam. "Albert Riera Phoenix's player of the year". Fairfax NZ News. Retrieved 3 May 2014.