Albert T. W. Simeons
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into human chorionic gonadotropin#The "HCG Diet". (Discuss) Proposed since September 2012.|
Dr. Albert T. W. Simeons was the leading exponent of a weight-loss protocol based on human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). In 1954, he published a book called "Pounds and Inches", and a paper in the Lancet on his theories.
Works by Simeons
- Man's Presumptuous Brain; : an Evolutionary Interpretation of Psychosomatic Disease, 1961
- Pounds & Inches a New Approach to Obesity", 1954
- Linda Lee (2012-04-05). "Bridal Hunger Games: Losing Weight in Time for the Wedding". New York Times. Retrieved 2012-09-13.
- Simeons, A. T. (1954). "The action of chorionic gonadotrophin in the obese". Lancet 267 (6845): 946–947. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(54)92556-8. PMID 13213083.
- Stein, Mark R.; Julis, Ronald E.; Peck, Carl C.; Hinshaw, W; Sawicki, JE; Hinshaw, William; Sawicki, John E.; Deller, John J. (1976). "Ineffectiveness of human chorionic gonadotropin in weight reduction: A double-blind study". American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 29 (9): 940–8. PMID 786001.
- Lijesen, GK; Theeuwen, I; Assendelft, WJ; Van Der Wal, G (1995). "The effect of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) in the treatment of obesity by means of the Simeons therapy: A criteria-based meta-analysis". British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 40 (3): 237–43. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2125.1995.tb05779.x. PMC 1365103. PMID 8527285.