He was born in Moscow in Polish family. He was living in Warsaw since 1921. In 1937 he graduated in history at Warsaw University.
He was married to Irena Gieysztorowa, a historian.
Gieysztor is the namesake of the Aleksander Gieysztor Prize of the Kronenberg Foundation and the Aleksander Gieysztor Academy of Humanities.
- 1994:Order of the White Eagle
- 1993: Commander's Cross with Star of the Order of Polonia Restituta
- Ze studiów nad genezą wypraw krzyżowych (1948)
- Zarys nauk pomocniczych historii (1948), a textbook
- Zarys dziejów pisma łacińskiego (1972)
- Mitologia Słowian (1982)
|This Polish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|