Ama K. Abebrese
|Ama K. Abebrese|
|Other names||Ama K|
|Occupation||actress,Television presenter, producer, TV producer|
Ama K. Abebrese is an Award winning Actress, TV Presenter and TV Producer, with a wealth of experience in Film, Television and Media. As a seasoned TV presenter, she has interviewed international celebrities such as Harrison Ford, Neyo, Ziggy Marley, Akon, Rihanna, Idris Elba and Star Wars director George Lucas.
Abebrese started her training at 'Youth Culture Television' in London, an organisation started by Sabrina Guinness on the TV show Challenge Anneka. She was a presenter on BBC2 youth show Pass da Mic and the English File educational series. Abebrese was a regular TV presenter on OBE TV, hosting and producing on a number of shows including One Touch, and the entertainment chat show On The Sofa, where guests she has interviewed range from Akon to Ziggy Marley. Her film credits include the International multi award winning film Sinking Sands, directed by 2011 "BAFTA LA" and "Pan African Film festival" prize winner Leila Djansi. The film received 12 nominations in the 2010 "Ghana Movie Awards", including "Best Actress" in a Leading Role, the film won 4 awards, including "Best Film". Others film credits are Revele film's "Elmina" and London Get Problem. She holds a BA in Media Arts and Drama obtained at 'St Mary's University College' in Surrey. She is the former Head of own productions at Viasat 1 television station in Ghana. She is the host of A Day in the Life TV show which airs on Viasat 1 and a New Day on tv3 every weekday morning with Nana Ama Anamoah, Bennie Blanco and Adu Boahen Safo.
Awards won include the 2010 Media Personality at the Ghana UK Based Achievement Awards (GUBA) ; 2011 Best Actress in a Leading Role at African Movie Academy Awards (AMAAS) and 2013 International African Film Personality at Screen Nation Awards.
- Double-Cross, 2014: Role- Effie
- Praising the Lord, plus one, 2013: Role- Rebecca Commey
- Ties that Bind, 2011: Role- Buki
- Sinking Sands, 2010: Role- Pabi
- Elmina, 2010: Role- Araba:2010
- London Get Problem, 2006: Role- Cameo
- Bondzi, Jacquiline Afua (10 December 2010). "Unifem Ghana Endorses "Sinking Sands"". AllAfrica.com (AllAfrica Global Media). Retrieved 28 March 2011.(subscription required)
- "AMAA Nominees and Winners 2011". African Movie Academy Awards. 28 March 2011. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- "Ama - Viasat One". Viasat1. 5 May 2013. Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "Featured: Ama K Abebrese". Sakofa Magazine (Gossipa). 2007-06-15. Retrieved 2008-07-06.
- Husseini, Shaibu (5 March 2011). "Acting First Ladies…In Contention For AMAA Crest". Nigerian Tribune (Ibadan, Nigeria). Retrieved 28 March 2011.