9 October 1956 |
West Bengal, India
|Institutions||Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology|
|Alma mater||IIT Kanpur, University of California, Davis|
Amitabha Chattopadhyay is a molecular biologist. He holds an M.Sc. from IIT Kanpur, a doctorate in Philosophy from State University of New York, (SUNY) at Stony Brook and was a post-doctoral fellow at the University of California, Davis. In 2013 he was elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry of the United Kingdom 
He is positioned as a J.C. Bose Fellow, Outstanding Scientist at Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology and the Dean of Biological Sciences at the Academy for Scientific and Innovative Research. He is an Adjunct Professor at the Special Center for Molecular Medicine - Jawaharlal Nehru University, Indian Institute of Science and University of Hyderabad. He is the honorary faculty member at Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, in Bangalore
He was awarded the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology, in 2001, in the Biological sciences category.
Prizes and honours
- Wood Wheelan Fellowship - 1992
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology - 2001
- Ranbaxy Research Award (Medical Sciences – Basic Research) - 2007
- Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry, U.K. - 2013
- "Members: View: Amitabha Chattopadhyay". nanoHUB.org. 1956-10-09. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- Scientist elected Fellow of RRSC - Business Line
- "Ramesh Sonti:City scientist gets Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar award". Reachouthyderabad.com. Retrieved 2012-07-14.