9 October 1956 |
West Bengal, India
|Institutions||Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology|
|Alma mater||IIT Kanpur, University of California, Davis|
Amitabha Chattopadhyay is an Indian Molecular Biologist. He holds M.Sc. from IIT Kanpur. He holds Doctor of philosophy from State University of New York, (SUNY) at Stony Brook and was a Post doctoral fellow at University of California, Davis. In 2013, He has been elected as the Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry of the United Kingdom 
He is positioned as a J.C. Bose Fellow, Outstanding Scientist at Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Dean of Biological Sciences at the Academy for Scientific and Innovative Research. He is Adjunct Professor, at Special Center for Molecular Medicine - Jawaharlal Nehru University, Indian Institute of Science and University of Hyderabad. He is the honorary faculty member at Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, in Bangalore
He was awarded in 2001, the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology, the highest science award in India, in the Biological sciences category.
Prizes and honours
- Wood Wheelan Fellowship - 1992
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology - 2001
- Ranbaxy Research Award (Medical Sciences – Basic Research) - 2007
- Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry, U.K. - 2013
- "Members: View: Amitabha Chattopadhyay". nanoHUB.org. 1956-10-09. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- Scientist elected Fellow of RRSC - Business Line
- "Ramesh Sonti:City scientist gets Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar award". Reachouthyderabad.com. Retrieved 2012-07-14.