||This biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (November 2013)|
14 November 1973 |
|Associated acts||The Commitments|
Andrew Strong (born 14 November 1973) is an Irish singer and the son of Irish musician and singing coach Robert (Rob) Strong. He grew up in Omagh, Co Tyrone (where his father lived while performing with showbands), and Naas, Co Kildare. He starred as Deco Cuffe in the 1991 cult film The Commitments based on the book by Roddy Doyle, having been cast at only 16 years of age with a voice sounding much older. In 1991 he was nominated for a Grammy Award.
Strong does not tour with the official tribute act to the Commitments, although he did perform with the original cast for the 20th anniversary concert in the O2 in Dublin in March 2011.
Strong's infrequent live performances have recently[when?] occurred mainly in the United States.
- 1993, Strong Label: MCA
- 2000, Out of Time Label: CMC
- 2002, Gypsy' Kiss Label: EMI/RecArt Music
- 2005, Greatest Hits Label: Columbia
- 2013, The Commitments Years and beyond : Live Label: Dixiefrog
- Official Andrew Strong website
- Andrew Strong at the Internet Movie Database
- Andrew Strong discography at Discogs
|This article about an Irish actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|