Pastor Andy Stanley giving a sermon at a Passion conference
May 16, 1958 |
|Education||Georgia State University
Dallas Theological Seminary
|Church||Non-Denominational, Evangelical Christian|
|North Point Community Church
Browns Bridge Church
Decatur City Church
Charles Andrew "Andy" Stanley (born May 16, 1958) is the senior pastor of North Point Community Church, Buckhead Church, Browns Bridge Church, Gwinnett Church, Watermarke Church and Decatur City Church. He also founded North Point Ministries, which is a worldwide Christian organization.
Stanley received a bachelor's degree in journalism from Georgia State University and later earned a masters degree from Dallas Theological Seminary. After working for several years as Associate Pastor and Minister to Students at First Baptist Atlanta, he and five others founded North Point Community Church in 1995. The church has now grown to six campuses and over 32,000 attenders each week, making it one of the largest church in the United States. North Point Ministries has also helped plant 20 strategic partner churches in the US and Canada. In 2006, he was voted the 13th most influential Christian in America (20th in 2007) and North Point Community Church was voted the 3rd most influential church in America – while in 2010 a survey of U.S. pastors found Stanley to be the 10th most influential living preacher. Buckhead Church was featured in a 2006 article in USA Today in regard to its revolutionary use of high definition video in the place of a live speaker.
In January, 2009, Stanley was selected to be the fourth speaker at the National Prayer Service following the inauguration.
Stanley now lives in Alpharetta, Georgia with his wife, Sandra, and their three children: Andrew, Garrett, and Allie.
- Deep & Wide. Zondervan, 2012. ISBN 0310494842.
- When Work & Family Collide. Multnomah, 2012. ISBN 1601423799.
- Enemies of the Heart. Multnomah, 2011. ISBN 1-60142-145-1.
- The Grace of God. Thomas Nelson, 2010. ISBN 0-8499-4814-2.
- The Principle of the Path. Thomas Nelson, 2009. ISBN 0-8499-2060-4.
- Communicating For a Change. Multnomah, 2006. ISBN 1-59052-514-0.
- Next Generation Leader. Multnomah, 2006. ISBN 1-59052-539-6.
- It Came From Within!. Multnomah, 2006. ISBN 1-59052-510-8.
- Fields of Gold. Tyndale, 2006. ISBN 1414311966.
- The Best Question Ever. Multnomah, 2004. ISBN 1-59052-390-3.
- Seven Practices of Effective Ministry. Multnomah, 2004. ISBN 1-59052-373-3.
- Creating Community. Multnomah, 2004. ISBN 1-59052-396-2.
- Louder Than Words. Multnomah, 2004. ISBN 1-59052-346-6.
- Can We Do That? Innovative Practices that will Change the Way You Do Church (With Ed Young Jr.). Howard Books, 2004. ISBN 1582294577.
- How Good Is Good Enough?. Multnomah, 2003. ISBN 1-59052-401-2.
- Choosing To Cheat. Multnomah, 2002. ISBN 1-59052-329-6.
- The Seven Checkpoints: Student Journal. Howard Books 2001. ISBN 1-58229-178-0.
- Visioneering. Multnomah, 1998. ISBN 1-57673-787-X.
- Like a Rock. Thomas Nelson, 1997. ISBN 0-7852-7612-2.
- "The 2014 Outreach 100 Listings of America's Largest and Fastest-Growing Churches". Outreach Magazine / LifeWay Research. Retrieved 2014.
- North Point Ministries Strategic Partner Churches
- ChurchReport.com's top 50 most influential Christians in America
- ChurchReport.com's top 50 most influential churches in America[dead link]
- Hauss, Kimberlee (February 4, 2010). "Graham tops list of most influential preachers". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved January 27, 2011.
- USA Today Godcasting
- Andy Stanley Official Website