|51st Speaker of the Arizona House of Representatives|
|Member of the Arizona House of Representatives
from the 1st district
June 27, 1958 |
New York City, New York
Andrew M. Tobin (born June 27, 1958) is a Republican member of the Arizona House of Representatives from the state's 1st District, who currently serves as the Speaker. He is currently running for Congress from Arizona's 1st Congressional District.
Tobin moved to Arizona in 1979 and worked in banking and real estate lending for 13 years in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. He moved to Dewey 16 years ago and started his own employee benefit company, known as TLC Employee Benefits and Consulting. He specializes in insurance, marketing and public relations.
Tobin was elected the National President of the United States Junior Chamber of Commerce from 1988–1989. In that capacity Tobin served as ex-officio board member of the Muscular Dystrophy Association, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and the Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership Foundation. As President of the United States Junior Chamber, Tobin lobbied the Reagan Administration and later the Bush Administration for passage of the Line-Item Veto and a Balanced Budget Amendment.
Tobin was first elected to the Arizona House of Representatives in 2006. He was subsequently reelected in 2008 and 2010.
Tobin has served as House Majority Whip and House Majority Leader. In 2011, he was elected Speaker.
Tobin has been married to his wife Jennifer for 23 years. They have lived in their home in Paulden since 2004, where they have been raising their five children ages, 12 to 21.
- "Biographical Profile for Andy Tobin". VoteAZ. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Tobin picked as new Arizona House speaker
- Sanders, Rebekah (3 October 2013). "Tobin set to seek Kirkpatrick’s seat". AZCentral.com. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- "Andy Tobin Member Page". AZleg.gov. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Pitzl, Mary Jo (12 March 2012). "Disclosure laws debate after Fiesta scandal at a standstill". AZCentral.com. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Sanders, Rebekah (24 April 2014). "Romney endorses Congress candidate Tobin". AZCentral.com. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Andy Tobin official site of the Arizona House of Representatives