Angelo My Love
|Angelo My Love|
|Directed by||Robert Duvall|
|Produced by||Robert Duvall|
|Written by||Robert Duvall|
|Music by||Michael Kamen|
|Edited by||Stephen Mack|
|Distributed by||Cinecom Pictures|
|Running time||115 minutes|
- Angelo Evans as Himself
- Michael Evans as Himself
- Ruthie Evans as Herself
- Tony Evans as Himself
- Debbie Evans as Herself
- Steve Tsigonoff as Himself
- Millie Tsigonoff as Herself
- Frankie Williams as Himself
- George Nicholas as Himself
- Katerina Ribraka as Patricia
- Timothy Phillips as School Teacher
- Lachlan Youngs as Student Reporter
- Jennifer Youngs as Student Reader
- Louis Garcia as Hispanic Student
- Margaret Millan Gonzalez as Old Woman
Robert Duvall first saw the lead actor, Angelo, in 1977 when he was 8 years old, having an argument with an older woman on Columbus Avenue that "sounded like a lovers quarrel." The screenplay for Angelo My Love was written by Mr. Duvall, with some dialogue improvised by the gypsy actors, most of whom play themselves. His mother had a fortune-telling business.
Besides Angelo are his older brother Michael, his mother, his sister Debbie, and his girlfriend Patricia (Katerina Ribraka); his father Tony Evans, from the movie might have been thought to be absent, but is actually in a couple of scenes.
"Angelo is a kind of idealized sum-total of all New York street kids no matter what their ethnic backgrounds. He is physically small but he has such a big, sharply defined personality that he seems to be a child possessed by the mind and experiences of a con man in his 20's. Then, as the movie goes on, one sees Angelo moving from glib, smart-talking self-assurance to childhood tears and back again, all in the space of a few seconds of screen time. This, too, may be part of Angelo's con, but it's also unexpectedly moving as well as funny. Angelo, among other things, is scared of ghosts."
San Francisco, New York, and Los Angeles commercial screenings were documented, with a Cinemax cable presentation in 1985.
In popular culture
- Angelo My Love at the Internet Movie Database
- Angelo My Love at AllMovie
- The Making of "Angelo My Love" by Lorimar Motion Pictures