Anna Magdalene of Hanau
|Anna Magdalene of Hanau-Lichtenberg|
|Spouse(s)||Lothar of Criechingen
Otto Louis of Salm-Kyrburg-Mörchingen
Frederick Rudolph of Fürstenberg-Stühlingen
|Noble family||House of Hanau|
|Father||Johann Reinhard I, Count of Hanau-Lichtenberg|
|Mother||Maria Elisabeth of Hohenlohe-Neuenstein-Weikersheim|
14 December 1600|
|Died||22 February 1673(aged 72)|
Countess Anna Magdalena von Hanau-Lichtenberg (14 December 1600 in Bouxwiller – 22 February 1673), was a daughter of Count Johann Reinhard I of Hanau-Lichtenberg (1569–1625) and Countess Maria Elisabeth of Hohenlohe-Neuenstein-Weikersheim (1576–1605).
Marriage and issue
Anna Magdalena married three times:
- On 27 November 1625 to Lothar of Criechingen (d. 1629), the son of Christopher of Criechingen-Pittingen, bailiff of German-Lorraine (d. 1622/1623) and Anna Bayer of Boppard. Lothar and Anna Magdalene had a son:
- Count Francis Ernest III of Criechingen (1627 - 1677);
- In August 1633 to Wild- and Rhinegrave Otto Louis of Salm-Kyrburg-Mörchingen (13 October 1597 – 16 October 1634; died in Speyer from the plague buried in Strasbourg Cathedral). He was a general in the Swedish army and a governor the Alsace. They had a son, who was born posthumously:
- On 8 April 1636 to Count Frederick Rudolph of Fürstenberg-Stühlingen (23 April 1602 – 26 October 1655 in Datschitz; buried in Haslach im Kinzigtal). He was the son of Count Christopher II of Fürstenberg (16 November 1580 in Blumberg – 5 January 1614) and Baroness Dorothea of Sternberg (12 June 1633). Frederick Rudolph was a member of the Aulic Council and the War Council. He was also High Feldzeugmeister, Major General and Master of the Horse. From 1639, he was Landgrave of Stühlingen and in 1642 the Emperor raised him from Freiherr to Imperial Count. His first marriage had been to Maria Maximiliana of Pappenheim (d. 16 October 1635). From the marriage between Anna Magdalene and Frederick Rudolph were born:
- Count Francis of Fürstenberg-Stühlingen (1636 - 1636).
- Count Ferdinand Anselm of Fürstenberg-Stühlingen (17 July 1637 – 1637).
- Countess Maria Franziska of Fürstenberg-Stühlingen (7 August 1638 – 24 August 1680), married on 11 July 1655 to Herman Egon, Prince of Fürstenberg-Heiligenberg (d. 10 September 1674).
- Count Adam Leopold Louis of Fürstenberg-Stühlingen (6 May 1642 – 13 August 1643).
- Countess Catherine Elizabeth of Fürstenberg-Stühlingen (27 April 1643 – 1643).
|Ancestors of Anna Magdalene of Hanau|
- Detlev Schwennicke: Europäische Stammtafeln: Stammtafeln zur Geschichte der Europäischen Staaten
- Reinhard Suchier: Genealogie des Hanauer Grafenhauses, in: Festschrift des Hanauer Geschichtsvereins zu seiner fünfzigjährigen Jubelfeier am 27. August 1894, Hanau, 1894
- Ernst J. Zimmermann: Hanau Stadt und Land, 3rd ed., Hanau, 1919, reprinted 1978
- According to Suchier and Schwennicke, it was on 25 November 1625
- According to Schwennicke, he died while fighting Count William of Fürstenberg-Heiligenberg