Anne of Austria, Margravine of Brandenburg
|Anna of Austria|
|Image of Anna from the 15th century|
|Margravine of Brandenburg|
|Spouse||Herman, Margrave of Brandenburg-Salzwedel
Henry VI the Good
|Issue||Judith, Count of Henneberg
John V, Margrave of Brandenburg
Matilde, Duchess of Greater Poland
Agnes, Margravine of Brandenburg
Elisabeth, Duchess of Oleśnica
|House||House of Habsburg|
|Father||Albert I of Germany|
|Mother||Elisabeth of Tirol|
Anna was born in Vienna, the eighth of twelve children. Her most notable siblings were Rudolph I of Bohemia, Frederick the Fair, Leopold I, Duke of Austria, Albert II, Duke of Austria, Otto, Duke of Austria and Agnes, Queen of Hungary.
Anna's maternal grandparents were Meinhard, Duke of Carinthia, and Elisabeth of Bavaria, Queen of Germany. Her paternal grandparents were Rudolph I of Germany and his first wife, Gertrude of Hohenburg. Her paternal aunts and uncles included Rudolf II, Duke of Austria, Matilda, Duchess of Bavaria, Klementia, Queen of Hungary, and Judith, Queen of Bohemia.
- Jutta of Brandenburg (1301–1353), heiress of Coburg, married to Count Henry VIII of Henneberg
- John (1302–1317), succeeded his father, but died young
- Matilde of Brandenburg (died 1323) married Henry IV the Faithful
- Agnes of Brandenburg (1297–1334), heiress of the Altmark, married with margrave Waldemar of Brandenburg (1281–1381) and in 1319 to Duke Otto of Brunswick-Göttingen (1290–1344).
In 1308, Herman died, and their son John succeeded him.
- Elisabeth of Brieg (ca. 1311 – 20 February? 1328), married before 10 January 1322 to Duke Konrad I of Oleśnica.
- Euphemia of Brieg (Ofka) (ca. 1312 – 21 March after 1384), married before 29 November 1325 to Duke Bolesław the Elder of Niemodlin (Falkenberg).
- Margaret of Brieg (ca. 1313 – 8 March 1379), Abbess of St. Clara in Wrocław (1359).
Anna died in 1327 in Legnica. She left her husband a widower, and she had failed to produce a son. When her husband died ten years later, Wrocław was merged with the Bohemian crown.
Title last held byHedwig of Habsburg
|Margravine of Brandenburg-Salzwedel
23/24 August 1298 – 1 January 1308
Title next held byKatharina of Glogau
Title last held byElisabeth of Kalisz
|Duchess consort of Wrocław
territories of the Duchy of Wrocław incorporated into the Kingdom of Bohemia
|Duchess consort of Brzeg
Title next held byMargaret of Bohemia
|Duchess consort of Legnica
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (August 2012)|
|Ancestors of Anne of Austria, Margravine of Brandenburg|
- Marek, Miroslav. "Complete Genealogy of the House of Piast: Silesia". Genealogy.EU.[self-published source][better source needed]
- Henry was also Duke of Brzeg and Legnica between 1296 and 1311 as co-ruler with two brothers, who divided up the Silesian duchies among themselves in 1311.Cawley, Charles, SILESIA, Foundation for Medieval Genealogy, retrieved August 2012,[better source needed]