From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Annealing may refer to:
- Annealing (metallurgy), a heat treatment that alters the microstructure of a material causing changes in properties such as strength, hardness, and ductility
- Annealing (glass), heating a piece of glass to remove stress
- Nucleic acid thermodynamics, includes the annealing of DNA or RNA pairing by hydrogen bonds to a complementary sequence, forming a double-stranded polynucleotide
- Simulated annealing, a technique for searching for a solution in a space otherwise too large for ordinary search methods to yield results
- Quantum annealing, a method for finding solutions to combinatorial optimisation problems and ground states of glassy systems using quantum fluctuations
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.