|Location||Mountain View, CA, USA|
|Services||Antibody development, contract outsourcing|
|Slogan||Innovation, Quality, and Service|
Antibody Solutions is an American biotechnology company specializing in antibody development and manufacture, immunoassay development and other biotechnological and biomedical research. The company serves pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and biomedical research organizations. The company was founded in 1995 and is located in Silicon Valley.
Antibody Solutions was founded in 1995 by John Kenney and Dennis Gould. Kenney had managed the monoclonal antibody (McAb) development laboratory for Syntex Research and Gould managed the McAb production facility for Syva Diagnostics. Kenney and Gould were assisted in the startup of the company by Barry Bredt. Bredt had the foresight to acquire the domain name www. antibody.com for Antibody Solutions.
Bredt later became Director of the UCSF General Clinical Research Center, SFGHMC. He was a pioneer of the low cost HIV AIDS Diagnostics "EASYCD4". Bredt died on Sunday, April 8, 2007. Gould left the company in 1997 and eventually became a Vice President for Sepragen Corporation.
Antibody Solutions was incorporated in 1998 with John Kenney as President and Judith Lynch-Kenny as Chief Financial Officer. Antibody Solutions occupies a 13,200 sq. ft. laboratory in Sunnyvale, California, located within the Silicon Valley Golden Triangle.
Antibody Solutions providing contract research services that include monoclonal and polyclonal antibody development, peptide synthesis, antigen development and immunoassay development. The company provides outsourcing services that extend beyond the client's capacity or distract from their core competency. Antibody Solutions also offers a Cell Banking onsite storage system which is cataloged and maintained.
Products and services
- Therapeutic antibody discovery
- Cell-receptor monoclonal antibody development
- In vivo animal study-grade antibodies development
- Anti-idiotype antibody production
- Anti-protein antibodies for pharmacokinetics studies
- Immunogenicity assays for reagents and controls
- Immunoassay development
- Ligand-binding assay analysis
- Drug potency assay analysis
- Cell bank storage
- Full technical and project management
- 24/7 online project tracking service
- Josefowicz S, Buchner L, Epling CL, Sinclair E, Bredt B. A simple, low-cost CD4 T-cell Assay: Comparison of the Guava Easy CD4 and the BD Biosciences MultiTest Assays for the determination of CD4 T-cell counts in HIV-1-seropositive and -seronegative volunteers. 11th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. Feb. 8-11, 2004.
- Josefowicz S, Louzao R, Lam L, Ding T, Bergeron M, Henderson L., Mulder CB, Tyagarajan K, Buchner L, Gelman R, Denny TN, Spira TJ, Mandy F, Landay A, Bredt B. Five-site evaluation of the Guava EasyCD4 Assay for the enumeration of human CD4 T-cells. 12th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. Feb. 2005