|Location||Sunnyvale, CA, USA|
|Services||Antibody development, contract outsourcing|
|Slogan||Your Innovation Partner in Antibody-Driven Research & Development|
Antibody Solutions is an American biotechnology company specializing in antibody development and manufacture, immunoassay development and other biotechnological and biomedical research. The company serves pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and biomedical research organizations and is a member of BIO.
Antibody Solutions was founded in 1995 by John Kenney and Dennis Gould. Kenney had managed the monoclonal antibody (McAb) development laboratory for Syntex Research in Palo Alto and Gould managed the McAb production facility for Syva Diagnostics. Gould left Antibody Solutions company in 1997 and eventually became a Vice President for Sepragen Corporation.
Kenney and Gould were assisted in the startup of the company by Barry Bredt. Bredt had the foresight to acquire the domain name www. antibody.com for use by Antibody Solutions. He later became Director of the UCSF General Clinical Research Center, SFGHMC, and was a pioneer of the low cost HIV AIDS Diagnostics "EASYCD4". Bredt died on April 8, 2007.
Antibody Solutions was incorporated in 1998 with John Kenney as President and Judith Lynch-Kenney as Chief Financial Officer. The company spent several years at a facility in Mountain View, a short distance from Shoreline Park, Moffett Field and the Googleplex. In 2011, the company moved to new facilities in Sunnyvale.
Antibody Solutions has maintained a strategic commercial partner agreement with Open Monoclonal Technology, Inc. (OMT) since 2012. The two companies also began a platform license agreement in 2014. Antibody Solutions also has a professional partnership with Reflexion Pharmaceuticals, a San Francisco-based company.
Antibody Solutions provides contract research services that include monoclonal and polyclonal antibody development, peptide synthesis, antigen development and immunoassay development. The company provides outsourcing services that extend beyond the client's capacity or distract from their core competency. Antibody Solutions also offers a Cell Banking onsite storage system which is cataloged and maintained.
Products and services
- Therapeutic antibody discovery
- Cell-receptor monoclonal antibody development
- In vivo animal study-grade antibodies development
- Anti-idiotype antibody production
- Anti-protein antibodies for pharmacokinetics studies
- Immunogenicity assays for reagents and controls
- Immunoassay development
- Ligand-binding assay analysis
- Drug potency assay analysis
- Cell bank storage
- Full technical and project management
- 24/7 online project tracking service
- antibody.com - About Us
- Josefowicz S, Buchner L, Epling CL, Sinclair E, Bredt B. A simple, low-cost CD4 T-cell Assay: Comparison of the Guava Easy CD4 and the BD Biosciences MultiTest Assays for the determination of CD4 T-cell counts in HIV-1-seropositive and -seronegative volunteers. 11th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. Feb. 8-11, 2004.
- Josefowicz S, Louzao R, Lam L, Ding T, Bergeron M, Henderson L., Mulder CB, Tyagarajan K, Buchner L, Gelman R, Denny TN, Spira TJ, Mandy F, Landay A, Bredt B. Five-site evaluation of the Guava EasyCD4 Assay for the enumeration of human CD4 T-cells. 12th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. Feb. 2005
- OMT - Partners