Armstrong Grove Township, Emmet County, Iowa
|Armstrong Grove Township|
Location in Emmet County
|• Total||36.45 sq mi (94.41 km2)|
|• Land||36.45 sq mi (94.41 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||1,247 ft (380 m)|
|• Density||32.7/sq mi (12.6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0467399|
Armstrong Grove is named for the early settler Armstrong who in the year 1856 claimed 160 acres (65 ha) of land in a grove on the Des Moines River.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Armstrong Grove Township covers an area of 36.45 square miles (94.41 square kilometers).
Cities, towns, villages
- Halfa at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Iowa Lake Township (north)
- Eagle Township, Kossuth County (northeast)
- Swea Township, Kossuth County (east)
- Seneca Township, Kossuth County (southeast)
- Denmark Township (south)
- Jack Creek Township (southwest)
- Swan Lake Township (west)
- Lincoln Township (northwest)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Armstrong Grove, Mount Calvary and Saint Marys Catholic.
- Armstrong-Ringsted Community School District
- Iowa's 4th congressional district
- State House District 7
- State Senate District 4
- "United States Census Bureau American FactFinder". Factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2010-10-29.
- History of Emmet County and Dickinson County, Iowa. Pioneer Publishing Company. 1917. p. 111.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas