Aura Noir performing live in London in November 2012
|Genres||Black metal, thrash metal|
|Labels||Tyrant Syndicate Productions|
Aura Noir is a Norwegian black metal band from Oslo, Norway. Aura Noir is heavily influenced by early thrash bands such as Slayer, Sodom and Kreator, to the latter they have also dedicated some of their songs. The band's main lyrical themes focus on blasphemy, death, and aggression.
The band was formed in 1993 by Aggressor (Carl-Michael Eide) and Apollyon (Ole Jørgen Moe), who sent out a couple of demos before releasing the underground EP Dreams Like Deserts in 1995. In 1996, they were joined by Mayhem guitarist Blasphemer (Rune Eriksen), who contributed to the release of Black Thrash Attack, their first full-length CD.
In 2004, they were the first band to be signed to Tyrant Syndicate Productions, a sub-label of Peaceville Records, run by Nocturno Culto and Fenriz (both of Darkthrone). They released their next album The Merciless, which featured Nattefrost of Carpathian Forest and Fenriz on guest vocals.
The band was put on hold after Aggressor was in an accident in late March, 2005. It is alleged that he either jumped or fell out from a fourth floor window, and landed on his legs after falling ten metres. In May 2006, Aggressor appeared as a guest in the Norwegian radio programme Tinitus, where he confirmed he uses a wheelchair due to being paralyzed from the ankles down.
Despite this setback, the band continued to record new material, which resulted in a new full-length album, Hades Rise, being released on August 25, 2008, and, as of 2010, has played several live gigs with a replacement drummer. At their 2011 gigs at Inferno and at the Party.San festival in Germany, Aggressor, still on crutches, joined them as the vocalist for several songs.
- Aggressor (Carl-Michael Eide) - Guitars, bass, drums (Until 2005), vocals
- Apollyon (Ole Jørgen Moe) - Guitars, bass, drums, vocals
- Blasphemer (Rune Eriksen) - Guitars
|Aura Noir live at Haugesund, Norway
12 February 2012
- Dreams Like Deserts (EP) – (1995)
- Black Thrash Attack – (1996)
- Deep Tracts of Hell – (1998)
- The Merciless – (2004)
- Hades Rise – (2008)
- Out to Die – (2012)
- Increased Damnation – (2000)
- Deep Dreams of Hell – (2005)
- Untitled - (1993)
- Two Voices, One King - (1994)
- Überthrash, 2004. 4-way split with Audiopain, Infernö and Nocturnal Breed.
- Überthrash II, 2005. 4-way split with Audiopain, Infernö and Nocturnal Breed.
- "AURA NOIR Working On New Material". blabbermouth.net. 2008-01-28. Archived from the original on 18 April 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-30.
- "STAY UGLY - THE RETURN OF NORWAY'S BLACK THRASH ATTACK AURA NOIR, BUT FOR HOW LONG?". rockdetector.com. 2005-04-29. Retrieved 2008-03-30.[dead link]
- "AURA NOIR's CARL MICHAEL EIDE: New Interview To Air This Wednesday". blabbermouth.net. 2006-06-12. Retrieved 2008-03-30.
- "Aura Noir's Hades Rise". Peaceville.com. Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- Aura Noir To Release Fifth LP In March