|Single by A Tribe Called Quest, Trugoy|
|from the album Midnight Marauders|
|B-side||"The Chase, Pt. 2"|
|Format||digital download, 12" maxi single|
|Genre||Alternative hip hop|
|Producer||A Tribe Called Quest|
|A Tribe Called Quest, Trugoy singles chronology|
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
"Award Tour" is a song by A Tribe Called Quest, released as the first single from their third album Midnight Marauders. It features rapper Trugoy on the chorus, from the fellow Native Tongues group De La Soul. It contains a sample of "We Gettin' Down" by Weldon Irvine, from his 1975 album Spirit Man. The B-side of the single is the original version of the Midnight Marauders track "The Chase, Pt. 2", which notably features the first known verse by future Tribe collaborator Consequence. The song remains Tribe's highest charting single to date, experiencing large success in America and overseas.
The second half of the song's chorus calls out names of cities and states in this order: New York City, New Jersey, North Carolina, Virginia, Oakland, Los Angeles, San Francisco, St. John, Chinatown, Spokane, London, Tokyo, Houston, Delaware, Washington, D.C., Dallas, South Carolina, Maryland, New Orleans and Detroit.
Appearances and covers
- The song was featured in the video games Thrasher: Skate and Destroy, MLB 08: The Show and Madden NFL 12.
- A portion of the song was performed by Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
- A portion of the song was featured in the song "World Tour" by the hip-hop artist Wale, on his 2009 debut album Attention Deficit.
- A portion of the song was said by Azealia Banks in her song "1991"
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||47|
|U.S. Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales||1|
|U.S. Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks||27|
|U.S. Hot Rap Singles||7|
- Kung, Michelle (2010-09-30). "Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon's 'History of Rap' Duet: The Full Set List - Speakeasy - WSJ". Blogs.wsj.com. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- Midnight Marauders > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles Allmusic. Accessed on October 10, 2010.