Brendan Fowler (born 24 March 1978) is a musician and visual artist, best known for his work under the moniker BARR, based in Los Angeles. He is a regular performer at The Smell, a DIY music venue. He also co-runs Doggpony Records and is a co-editor of ANP (Artist Network Program) Quarterly - an Orange County based arts and culture publication funded by RVCA. He has recently played at the New York performance space, The Kitchen, and has been featured in Artforum Magazine. In 2006 Fowler curated a show at David Kordansky gallery in Los Angeles. New England Roses, a band consisting of Fowler, Sarah Shapiro, and Le Tigre's JD Samson, released their debut, Face Time With Son, in 2005. His new electronic-folk-pop band, Car Clutch, with Ethan Swan, had their debut performance in fall of 2006. In the fall of 2009, Brendan Fowler had a solo show at Rental Gallery in New York.
BARR, which originally consisted of only Brendan Fowler and his iPod, toured with Snowsuit* and Hawnay Troof in 2005 and Xiu Xiu in 2006. After releasing Summary in 2007, Fowler formed a full band with bassist Corey Dieckman, pianist Ethan Swan, and Kevin Shea on drums, touring with 5RC labelmate Marnie Stern.
- Split 7" (with Lil Pocketknife) (2004), Deathbomb Arc, Abstract Machine
- What Would the Second BARR (2004), Doggpony Records, Tapes Records
- Split 7" (with This Song Is A Mess But So Am I) (2005), Oedipus Records With limited print photograph by David Horvitz.
- Beyond Reinforced Jewel Case (2005), 5RC
- PPM9 7" (2006) PPM
- Summary (2007), 5RC
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2012)|
- Official BARR site
- 5RC (record label)
- Doggpony Records
- ANP Quarterly Magazine
- Myspace profile for BARR
- Myspace profile for Car Clutch
- L.A. RECORD interview (March 2008)
- Artkrush.com feature on BARR (January 2006)
- Summary Review at Pitchfork Media
|This article about a United States singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|