Back in the Saddle Again
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013)|
|"Back in the Saddle Again"|
|Single by Gene Autry|
|Writer(s)||Gene Autry, Ray Whitley|
|Gene Autry singles chronology|
"Back in the Saddle Again" was the signature song of American cowboy entertainer Gene Autry. It was co-written by Autry with Ray Whitley and first released in 1939. The song was associated with Autry throughout his career and was used as the name of Autry's autobiography in 1976.
- In 1997, the song was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame.
- In 2001, a group of voters selected by the RIAA ranked "Back in the Saddle Again" the 98th best song of the Twentieth Century.
- In 2010 Slim Whitman released the track on his "Twilight on the Trail" album.
- Gilliland, John (1969). "Show 9 - Tennessee Firebird: American country music before and after Elvis. [Part 1]" (audio). Pop Chronicles. Digital.library.unt.edu.
- Autry, Gene with Herskowitz, Mickey. (1978). Back in the Saddle Again. Doubleday & Company, Inc. ISBN 038503234X
|This 1930s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|