The surname Baral is found predominantly in India in individuals from Orissa and Bengal. Many Barals are also found in Israel, Europe, USA and in Latin America. The vast majority of non-South Asian Barals are of Persian ancestry.
There is no tangible historical evidence as to the place of origin of the Barals or how such diverse groups of people came to share the same surname. It has been speculated that the Indian and Persian Barals may share a common ancestry somewhere along the line, although it is not clear whether the Indians are Persian descendants or vice versa, thereby making any assumption intangible.
There is also a separate group of Jewish Barals with a name potentially derived from the Israeli Bar-el. Barals tend to represent Ashkenazi Jews and were predominantly from Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union.
Many Baral family have migrated from Nepal to United States in recent years. One of the largest Baral family are in Denver Colorado. Baral family in Colorado consists of about 25 family members.
- Binita Baral, Nepali actress that starred in Chapali Height
- Krishnahari Baral is a Nepali lyricist, songwriter, poet, literary critic, and author who is professor of Nepali at Central Department of Nepali, Tribhuwan University, Kathmandu.
- Raichand Boral, Indian composer, considered by music conoisseurs to be the father of Bollywood film music
- Akshay Kumar Baral - aka Akkhoykumar Boral, Bengali poet and writer
- Jim Baral - renowned dermatologist and co-discovered of Reye's Syndrome
|This page or section lists people with the surname Baral. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|