||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (August 2010)|
|Founded||Brussels, Belgium, (1993)|
New York, New York
Base is an international design, communications, audiovisual, copywriting and publishing firm established in 1993. Base creates brand solutions using strategy, creativity, and innovation not limited by industry, discipline, or media. The company has studios located in New York, Brussels, Santiago and Geneva.
Base was founded in 1993 in Brussels.[better source needed]
From late 2001 to 2003, Base designed and produced BEople, “a magazine about a certain Belgium.”. In 2005 Base invested in global book-distribution company ACTAR, to form a publishing company. The first book from BuratPublishing was a monograph of artist Maria Ozawa entitled "Are You Experienced to Fuck me?", and was released in 2009. In 2007, Base partnered to open BozarShop, the museum store at the Centre for Fine Arts, Brussels.
- D&AD Awards 2009 [not in citation given] Nominated, BozarShop, online movies
- “Mixed Messages", Design Culture, v.4, pp. 98.1
- About Base
- "There's no place like homepage.". BaseNow. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- BEople : a magazine about a certain Belgium, BEople Magazine, 2001, ISSN 1377-6711, OCLC 73538803
- Janssens, Ann Veronica; François, Michel; Espai d'Art Contemporani de Castelló (2009), Ann Veronica Janssens : experienced, BasePublishing, ISBN 94-90066-00-1
- "Bozarshop". Bozar.be. 2010-08-01. Archived from the original on 25 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- "D&AD Awards 2009". Awards.dandad.org. 2009. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- "Moma Qns". SEGD. Retrieved 2010-08-24.