Bath & Body Works
|Headquarters||Columbus, Ohio, U.S.|
Number of locations
|Nick Coe, CEO,|
|Products||Bath and beauty products|
|Revenue||US$ $2.285 billion (FY '06)|
Bath & Body Works, LLC, is an American retail store under the L Brands (formerly Limited Brands) umbrella. It was founded in 1990 in New Albany, Ohio, and has since expanded across the United States and Canada. It specializes in shower gels, lotions, fragrance mists, perfumes, candles, and home fragrances.
Bath & Body Works was founded in 1990 in New Albany, Ohio. The company's first store opened in a Cambridge, Massachusetts mall in September 1990. In 1997, a secondary brand called Bath & Body Works at Home was launched. The division has since been renamed White Barn Candle Company.
The company launched both a seasonal catalog and a website in 2006. In November 2006, Bath & Body Works launched its first television commercial advertisement. Net sales as of January 28, 2006, were $2.3 billion, significantly higher than all other L Brands companies other than Victoria's Secret.
In July 2008, the company announced that it was opening six locations in Canada. With the company acquiring Canadian-based La Senza, they felt it was the opportunity to move into a growing Canadian market, with The Body Shop being its main competition.
- Brands 2010 Annual Report
- "Bath & Body Works at Everything2.com". Everything2.com. 2006-03-23. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Tiffany Yannetta (December 3, 2014). "How Bath & Body Works Became America's Biggest Mall Beauty Brand". Racked.
- "Bath & Body Works: 'The McDonald's of Toiletries'". BusinessWeek. 4 August 1997. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- Elleview.com. Elleview.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- The Canadian Press. "Bath & Body Works takes plunge into Canada". CBC.ca. July 10, 2008. Retrieved August 20, 2008.
- Mah, Bill. "Body Shop aims to boost its green cred", The Edmonton Journal. August 8, 2008. Retrieved August 20, 2008.
- "Bath and Body Works Franchise Information". Home-business-expo.com. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bath & Body Works.|