Bath & Body Works
|Headquarters||Columbus, Ohio, U.S.|
|Number of locations||1,665 company-owned stores; 6 franchised stores (January 2011)|
|Key people||Nick Coe, CEO,|
|Products||Bath and beauty products|
|Revenue||US$ $2,285,000,000 (FY '06)|
Bath & Body Works, LLC, is an American retail store under the Limited Brands umbrella. It was founded in 1990 in New Albany, Ohio and has since expanded across the United States and Canada. It specializes in shower gels, lotions, fragrance mists, perfumes, candles, and home fragrances.
The company launched both a seasonal catalog and a website in 2006. In November 2006, Bath and Body Works launched its first television commercial advertisement. Net sales as of January 28, 2006, were US$2,285,000,000, significantly higher than all other Limited Brands, except Victoria's Secret.
In July 2008, the company announced that it was opening six locations in Canada. With the company acquiring Canadian-based La Senza, they felt it was the opportunity to move into a growing Canadian market, with The Body Shop being its main competition.
In January 2009, they introduced the new packaging for the Signature Collection. The labels have also changed for the Signature Collection bodycare products, as well as the Slatkin & Co. and Bath and Body Works Signature home fragrance scents, including plug-in Wallflowers, Scentports, candles, room sprays and fragrance oils. They have also begun offering shipping to Canada. Bath and Body Works operates more than 1,600 stores. In October 2010 they opened their first stores outside of North America in Kuwait, by the franchise giant M.H. Alshaya.
- Brands 2010 Annual Report
- "Bath & Body Works at Everything2.com". Everything2.com. 2006-03-23. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "BATH & BODY WORKS: 'THE McDONALD'S OF TOILETRIES'". BusinessWeek. 4 August 1997. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- Elleview.com. Elleview.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- The Canadian Press. Bath & Body Works takes plunge into Canada. CBC.ca. July 10, 2008. Retrieved August 20, 2008.
- Mah, Bill. Body Shop aims to boost its green cred. The Edmonton Journal. August 8, 2008. Retrieved August 20, 2008.
- "Bath and Body Works Franchise Information". Home-business-expo.com. Retrieved 2011-10-10.