Battle of Stanwick
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Doubt has been expressed about this battle, and there is no evidence of any battle of significance having been fought at this site despite several archaeological investigations.
- Nigel Rodgers, The Rise and fall of ancient Rome, London - 2004.
- 'The Stanwick fortifications', Wheeler 1954
- 'Stanwick: excavation and fieldwork', Haselgrove and Turnbull 1981-3 Durham University Occ paper No 4
- 'Stanwick' (various papers) Arch. J. 147 (1990)
- B. Dobson in 'Roman Durham', Trans. Archit. and Archaeological Soc. Durh. and Northumb. ns 2 (1970), 31 f.
|This article about a battle or war of Ancient Roman history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|