Beat the Devil's Tattoo
||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
|Beat the Devil's Tattoo|
|Studio album by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club|
|Released||March 5, 2010|
|Recorded||March–November 2009 The Basement Studio, Philadelphia, PA|
|Genre||Alternative rock, garage rock, post-punk revival, noise rock|
|Black Rebel Motorcycle Club chronology|
|Drowned in Sound||(8/10)|
Beat the Devil's Tattoo is the sixth album by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, released on March 8, 2010 in Europe and on March 9, 2010 in North America. It is the second full-length on the band's own Abstract Dragon label, in partnership with Vagrant Records and Cooperative Music Group. "Conscience Killer" appears in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and also in commercials for Chevrolet.
The title track was featured prominently in the fourth season episode "Chuck Versus the Cubic Z" of the TV show Chuck and in the recently released Need for Speed: The Run. Also in the TV show Human Target episode "A Problem Like Maria".
"Mama Taught Me Better" was used in the soundtrack for the video game NHL 11.
Most recently, the title track was used by writer/director Bobcat Goldthwait in his 2011 dark comedy film God Bless America. It has also been used in the 2012 film End of Watch and in Where the Trail Ends and "River Styx" was used in the UK TV Series Peaky Blinders (Season Two, Episode Six)
All songs written by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.
- "Beat the Devil's Tattoo" - 3:47
- "Conscience Killer" - 3:47
- "Bad Blood" - 5:11
- "War Machine" - 3:59
- "Sweet Feeling" - 3:27
- "Evol" - 5:53
- "Mama Taught Me Better" - 4:46
- "River Styx" - 3:55
- "The Toll" - 3:38
- "Aya" - 5:39
- "Shadow's Keeper" - 6:12
- "Long Way Down" - 4:34
- "Half-State" - 10:20
- "1:51" (Bonus Track Limited Edition) - 5:33
- "Martyr" (Bonus Track Limited Edition) - 5:12
- "Annabel Lee" (iTunes Pre-Order) - 4:10
- Peter Hayes - vocals, guitar, bass guitar, harmonica, keyboards
- Robert Levon Been - vocals, guitar, bass guitar, piano
- Leah Shapiro - drums, percussion
|US Alternative Albums||9|
|US Independent Albums||4|
|US Rock Albums||14|
- Gourlay, Dom (March 1, 2010). "Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: Beat The Devil's Tattoo". Drowned in Sound.
- Hogan, Marc (March 10, 2010). "Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: Beat The Devil's Tattoo". Pitchfork Media.
- odeisel (March 11, 2010). "Album Review: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Beat The Devil's Tattoo". planetill.com.
- Collar, Matt. Beat The Devil's Tattoo at AllMusic. Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- Marchese, David. "Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: 'Beat The Devil's Tattoo'". Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- Rosen, Jody (March 8, 2010). "Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: Beat The Devil's Tattoo". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on April 10, 2010.
- Liedel, Kevin (March 7, 2010). "Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: Beat The Devil's Tattoo". Slant Magazine.
- Burgess, Kaya (March 6, 2010). "Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: Beat The Devil's Tattoo". The Times (London).
- MacBain, Hamish (March 12, 2010). "Album Review: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - 'Beat The Devil's Tattoo'". NME.
- Album Release and Tour Dates Announced
- Beat The Devil's Tattoo at Discogs