Beat the Reaper
Several observers, including Phil Proctor, have noted that "Beat the Reaper" was also the title of a comedy sketch by the Firesign Theatre, it is not currently known whether Bazell was aware of the previous usage.
In the flashback chapters Brown narrates how, under his real name of Pietro Brwna, he fell in with a Mafia family and became a hitman after avenging the deaths of his grandparents who had survived the Nazi death camp Auschwitz. In the present, Brown must help save the life of a mobster who knew him as Brwna, lest the patient reveal Brwna/Brown's location to the local came boss.
- Beat the Reaper review from The Washington Post
- Beat the Reaper review from Bloomberg L.P.
- Beat the Reaper review from The Guardian
- "Leonardo DiCaprio Aims To 'Beat The Reaper' With Mob Adventure" from MTV Movie News
- "DiCaprio set to 'Beat the Reaper'" from Variety
|This article about a crime novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|