From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|English: Our Palau
National anthem of Palau
||Riosang Salvador, Kebekol Alfonso, Hermana Umetaro, Demei Otobed, Sister Liling
||Ymesei O. Ezekiel
Belau rekid (Our Palau) is the national anthem of Palau. It was officially adopted in 1980. The music was written by Ymesei O. Ezekiel, to which the combined words of several authors were set.
- Belau loba klisiich er a kelulul,
- El dimla ngarngii ra rechuodelmei
- Meng mengel uoluu er a chimol beluu,
- El ngar cheungel a rirch lomke sang.
- Bo dole ketek a kerruul er a belluad,
- Lolab a blakelreng ma duchelreng.
- Belau a chotil a klengar re kid,
- Mebo dorurtabedul msa klisichel.
- Bod kai ue reke dchim lokiu a reng,
- E dongedmokel ra dimla koted.
- Lomcheliu a rengrdel ma klebkellel,
- Lokiu a budch ma beltikelreng.
- Dios mo mek ngel tengat ra Be lumam,
- El dimla dikesam ra rechuodelmei,
- Beskemam a klisicham ma llemeltam,
- Lorrurt a klungiolam elmo ch'rechar.
English translation of the first verse
- Palau is coming forth with strength and power,
- By her old ways abides still every hour.
- One country, safe, secure, one government
- Under the glowing, floating soft light stands.
- Let's build our economy's protecting fence
- With courage, faithfulness and diligence
- Our life is anchored in Palau, our land
- We with our might through life and death defend
- In spirit let's join hands, united, one
- Care for our homeland...from forefathers on
- Look after its concord, its glory keep
- Through peace and love and heart's devotion deep
- God bless our country, our island home always
- Our sweet inheritance from ancient days
- Give us strength and power and all the rights
- To govern with to all eternity with might