||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
|Robert Ben Garant|
Robert Ben Garant 3/22/09 performing at the UCB theater in Los Angeles, CA.
14 September 1970 |
Robert Ben Garant (born 14 September 1970) is an American actor, comedian, writer, director and producer.
Life and career
Garant was born in Cookeville, Tennessee, and grew up in Farragut, Tennessee. He lived in New York City for several years and attended the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University. He currently resides in Los Angeles, California.
Garant and writing partner Thomas Lennon have written several successful screenplays together, including the Night at the Museum films. Their films have earned over $1.4 billion in box office revenue alone.
Garant and Lennon created and starred in a 2010 sitcom pilot for NBC called The Strip. However, in May 2010 it was announced that NBC had decided not to order it as a series. Later in 2010, Garant and Lennon created a pilot for FX called USS Alabama, a sci-fi/comedy set a thousand years in the future, aboard a United Nations Peacekeeping spaceship, the U.S.S. Alabama.
In 2011, Garant and Lennon released a book about their careers called Writing Movies for Fun and Profit: How We Made a Billion Dollars at The Box Office and You Can Too!
- The State (TV) (1993–1995) - Co-Creator, Actor
- Viva Variety (TV) (1997–1999) - Co-Creator, Actor
- Reno 911! (TV) (2003–2009) - Co-Creator, Actor, Director
- Taxi (2004) - Writer
- Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005) - Writer
- The Pacifier (2005) - Writer
- Let's Go to Prison (2006) - Writer
- Night at the Museum (2006) - Writer
- Balls of Fury (2007) - Director, Writer
- Reno 911!: Miami (2007) - Director, Writer, Actor
- Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009) - Writer, Actor
- Archer (TV series) (TV) (2010) - Guest Voice Actor
- Bob's Burgers (TV) (2011) - Guest Voice Actor
- Hell Baby (2013) - Director, Writer, Actor
- Ghosts (2014) - Writer
- Jessabelle (2014) - Writer