Son of Dave
|Son of Dave|
January 4, 1967 |
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
|Origin||London, England, United Kingdom|
|Genres||Rock, folk rock, blues|
|Instruments||Vocals, harmonica, mandolin, guitar, percussion|
|Years active||1989 – present|
|Associated acts||Crash Test Dummies|
Benjamin Darvill (born January 4, 1967), known by his stage name Son of Dave, is a Canadian musician and singer–songwriter, based in the United Kingdom. He was a member of Grammy nominated folk rock band Crash Test Dummies in which he played harmonica, mandolin, guitar and percussion before returning to his Blues, Beat-Box and harmonica driven solo work in 2000.
He moved to London, England, in 1998 and has remained there since. Son of Dave has recorded six albums to date and performed over eight hundred shows across Europe, as well as performing in Canada, the United States, Australia, South Africa, Uganda, Japan, Russia, and Cuba.
In 2010, Son of Dave and his song "Revolution Town" were featured in a commercial for the search engine Bing. The commercial, using a first-person perspective, shows Son of Dave using Bing and his Windows-enabled phone to travel to his own concert at the Someday Lounge in Portland, OR.
Son of Dave
- B. Darvill's Wild West Show (1999)
- 01 (2000)
- 02 (2006)
- 03 (2008)
- Shake a Bone (2010)
- Blues at the Grand (2013)
Crash Test Dummies
- The Ghosts That Haunt Me (1991)
- God Shuffled His Feet (1993)
- A Worm's Life (1996)
- Give Yourself a Hand (1999)
- "Benjamin Darvill". Xtreme Musician. Retrieved 10 January 2009.
- Thomas H. Green (4 April 2008). "Son of Dave: a suitcase and a harmonica". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 10 January 2009.
- "Son of Dave". NME. Retrieved 10 January 2009.
- Daniel Brown (April 2007). "02". Mondomix. Retrieved 10 January 2009.
- "Bing Mobile - Son of Dave (Extended Version)".
- Review of 'Ain't Going to Niketown' on the Daily Music Guide
- Son of Dave official website
- Son of Dave on Myspace
- 2006 interview with Darvill at BluesinLondon.com